- LaMichael James out one month with dislocated elbowPosted 3 hours ago
- VIDEO: David Ortiz has another bat flip that angers the RaysPosted 4 hours ago
- Patrick Peterson won’t return punts or play offense in 2014Posted 5 hours ago
- Jerry Jones says he was so close to drafting Johnny ManzielPosted 5 hours ago
- Vikings sign Kyle Rudolph to five-year extensionPosted 6 hours ago
- Report: Mariners have “very real” interest in Matt KempPosted 12 hours ago
- Lakers hire Byron ScottPosted 13 hours ago
- Noad Lahat Puts UFC Future On HoldPosted 1 day ago
- RAW/Smackdown Results – WWE News & RumorsPosted 1 day ago
- 49ers’ Kendall Hunter suffers torn ACLPosted 2 days ago
J.R. Smith: “Knicks It Is”
- Updated: February 17, 2012
The New York Knicks have signed swingman JR Smith (according to his Twitter account) to a contract, after weeks of speculation to where he may end up. As it came down to the Clippers and Knicks, many believed that LA would be the better fit, but at the end of the day, Smith signed his name on the New York dotted line.
Is it the Lin-sanity that brought him back or was it the chance to play with former teammate, Carmelo Anthony once again? Whatever the case may be, the Knicks just seem to keep getting better.
While yes JR Smith has had attitude issues in the past, it’s his swagger, his intensity, and hustle type style of play that will have the Mecca going crazy. It’s been a great week for the Knicks as Jeremy Lin has been added to three All-Star Weekend festivities (Rising Stars Challenge, Skills Competition, and he will be assisting Iman Shumpert in the Dunk Contest), Iman Shumpert (as mentioned) will be in the Dunk Contest, Amar’e has returned to the lineup, and now the signing of Smith.
It may also have been the money as NBA.com’s David Aldridge is reporting the Knicks offered Smith “three times” the amount that the Clippers did. However they got him, the Knicks got a maturing man with great athleticism, and if Coach D’Antoni can make it work with Jeremy Lin, he can make it work with J.R. Smith.