- NFL Fantasy Football Week 4 – Ride or PinePosted 3 months ago
- Cub Swanson, Frankie Edgar Fight SetPosted 3 months ago
- Week 4 FA and Waiver Wire AddsPosted 3 months ago
- UFC 181 Gets New Main EventPosted 3 months ago
- DeAngelo Hall says he has torn AchillesPosted 3 months ago
- Matt Cassel has fractured foot; Teddy Bridgewater to startPosted 3 months ago
- Gus Bradley announces Blake Bortles to start for JaguarsPosted 3 months ago
- VIDEO: DeSean Jackson scores 81-yard TD against EaglesPosted 3 months ago
- VIDEO: Johnny Manziel catches pass but has it called backPosted 3 months ago
- Ravens TE Dennis Pitta carted off field with hip injuryPosted 3 months ago
J.R. Smith: “Knicks It Is”
- Updated: February 17, 2012
The New York Knicks have signed swingman JR Smith (according to his Twitter account) to a contract, after weeks of speculation to where he may end up. As it came down to the Clippers and Knicks, many believed that LA would be the better fit, but at the end of the day, Smith signed his name on the New York dotted line.
Is it the Lin-sanity that brought him back or was it the chance to play with former teammate, Carmelo Anthony once again? Whatever the case may be, the Knicks just seem to keep getting better.
While yes JR Smith has had attitude issues in the past, it’s his swagger, his intensity, and hustle type style of play that will have the Mecca going crazy. It’s been a great week for the Knicks as Jeremy Lin has been added to three All-Star Weekend festivities (Rising Stars Challenge, Skills Competition, and he will be assisting Iman Shumpert in the Dunk Contest), Iman Shumpert (as mentioned) will be in the Dunk Contest, Amar’e has returned to the lineup, and now the signing of Smith.
It may also have been the money as NBA.com’s David Aldridge is reporting the Knicks offered Smith “three times” the amount that the Clippers did. However they got him, the Knicks got a maturing man with great athleticism, and if Coach D’Antoni can make it work with Jeremy Lin, he can make it work with J.R. Smith.