- NFL Fantasy Football Week 4 – Ride or PinePosted 1 week ago
- Cub Swanson, Frankie Edgar Fight SetPosted 1 week ago
- Week 4 FA and Waiver Wire AddsPosted 1 week ago
- UFC 181 Gets New Main EventPosted 1 week ago
- DeAngelo Hall says he has torn AchillesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Matt Cassel has fractured foot; Teddy Bridgewater to startPosted 2 weeks ago
- Gus Bradley announces Blake Bortles to start for JaguarsPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIDEO: DeSean Jackson scores 81-yard TD against EaglesPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIDEO: Johnny Manziel catches pass but has it called backPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ravens TE Dennis Pitta carted off field with hip injuryPosted 2 weeks ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.