- Jon Lester named Cubs Opening Day starterPosted 12 mins ago
- Jimmy Butler to miss 3-4 weeks with elbow sprainPosted 57 mins ago
- Chicago Blackhawks: Ben Smith Traded to San Jose SharksPosted 2 hours ago
- Dallas Cowboys: Dez Bryant’s franchise tag is best case for both sidesPosted 14 hours ago
- 2015 MLB Predictions: San Francisco GiantsPosted 16 hours ago
- White Sox ace Chris Sale fractures foot at home; will miss at least 3 weeksPosted 2 days ago
- Browns sign Josh McCown to a three-year dealPosted 3 days ago
- VIDEO: Powerade releases Derrick Rose commercial featuring TupacPosted 3 days ago
- NFL Free Agency: Potential landing spots for free agent RBsPosted 4 days ago
- 2015 MLB Predictions: Los Angeles DodgersPosted 5 days ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.