- Boomer Esiason on Warren Sapp: “He’s An Embarrassment To Anyone Who’s Played The Game”Posted 6 hours ago
- Bryan Caraway Out Of UFC 170 With InjuryPosted 20 hours ago
- St. Louis Rams Look to Be on the Doorstep for 2014Posted 1 day ago
- Ron Rivera signs three-year extension with PanthersPosted 1 day ago
- VIDEO: Deion Sanders Interviews Marshawn LynchPosted 1 day ago
- Photo: Super Bowl Media Day From Richard Sherman’s EyesPosted 1 day ago
- Sonnen, Silva Involved In Fight On TUF: Brazil SetPosted 2 days ago
- Royal Rumble Results – RAW Results 1/27/14Posted 2 days ago
- Chris Johnson to undergo surgery on torn meniscusPosted 2 days ago
- Mike D’Antoni on Carmelo Anthony “We’re Not Pen Pals”Posted 2 days ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.