- Suspensions announced for White Sox-Royals brawlPosted 17 hours ago
- Royals just can’t seem to play nice; GM defends Ventura, teamPosted 1 day ago
- Reds’ Billy Hamilton swipes 3 bases off Jon LesterPosted 1 day ago
- Report: Angels could part ways with Josh Hamilton very soonPosted 2 days ago
- NFL executive compares Jameis Winston to JaMarcus RussellPosted 2 days ago
- Tony Romo: We’re going to win the Super Bowl this yearPosted 2 days ago
- Road To The NFL: JaCorey Shepherd awaiting the draftPosted 2 days ago
- Kawhi Leonard named Defensive Player Of the YearPosted 3 days ago
- Tigers’ Joe Nathan out for season with torn UCLPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond’s job may be in jeopardyPosted 6 days ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.