- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 3 weeks ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 1 month ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 3 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 5 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 6 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 6 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 6 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 6 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 6 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 6 months ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.