- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 7 days ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 1 week ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 3 weeks ago
- Brandon McManus now a strength, not weakness, for Denver BroncosPosted 3 weeks ago
- Coaches finalized for TUF: 23Posted 3 weeks ago
- Trial date set for Rockies’ Jose ReyesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes considering very different offers between Orioles and MetsPosted 3 weeks ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.