- Michael Sam: “I’m not the only gay player in the NFL”Posted 2 days ago
- Equality: A Reality Check For Sports and Sports MediaPosted 2 days ago
- Aaron Hernandez’s trial disrupted by bomb threatPosted 2 days ago
- Dean Smith leaves $200 for all former players in his willPosted 3 days ago
- Derrick Rose says he still plans to return in regular seasonPosted 3 days ago
- Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE, says his legacy in MMA is overPosted 4 days ago
- Cleveland Browns on Hard Knocks could be a franchise-wide wake up callPosted 4 days ago
- Cubs ace Jon Lester could be ‘restricted’ for Opening Day startPosted 4 days ago
- Bears sign former 49ers defensive end Ray McDonaldPosted 5 days ago
- Jets owner says Geno Smith “probably way ahead” of Marcus MariotaPosted 5 days ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.