- Avery Bradley on Rondo: “I Know He’s Happy Here”Posted 2 hours ago
- Report: Mark Sanchez Doesn’t Want Trade To RamsPosted 3 hours ago
- Report: Sam Bradford Tears ACL; Out For SeasonPosted 22 hours ago
- Broncos’ Welker Injured In Preseason GamePosted 2 days ago
- Jeff Fisher on Bradford’s Injury: “I Really Don’t Have Any Information”Posted 2 days ago
- Cam Newton: “Madden Brings Out The Nerd In Me”Posted 2 days ago
- Packers NT B.J. Raji out for season with torn bicepPosted 2 days ago
- Kevin Love to Cavaliers trade made officialPosted 2 days ago
- Rex Ryan Picks Geno Smith Over Michael Vick For Season OpenerPosted 2 days ago
- Team USA basketball roster finalizedPosted 3 days ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.