- Julie Kedzie Announces RetirementPosted 6 hours ago
- Mark Hunt, Antonio Silva Deliver Historic UFC Heavyweight FightPosted 6 hours ago
- Bowling Green Gives Beatdown to #14 NIU For MAC TitlePosted 8 hours ago
- Smackdown Results 12/6/13 – WWE News & RumorsPosted 9 hours ago
- Temple University Trying To Be More Competitive- Drops 7 SportsPosted 13 hours ago
- Kobe Bryant to return Sunday vs RaptorsPosted 16 hours ago
- Chicago Bulls: Down But Not OutPosted 17 hours ago
- World Cup Draw Annouced: United States in “Group of Death” for 2014 World CupPosted 19 hours ago
- Report: Gary Kubiak out as Texans head coachPosted 20 hours ago
- Curtis Granderson signs with MetsPosted 20 hours ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.