- Ravens lose Joe Flacco and Justin Forsett in win vs RamsPosted 3 days ago
- Why I Love Ronda RouseyPosted 2 weeks ago
- In return to MetLife, Rex Ryan needs to keep quiet and focus on footballPosted 2 weeks ago
- The NFL’s biggest problem? IgnorancePosted 2 weeks ago
- New Jersey HS star Jillian Vassallo excels both on the field and in the classroomPosted 5 months ago
- Reality Check: It’s time to end the Tim Tebow era in the NFLPosted 6 months ago
- Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings on TuesdayPosted 6 months ago
- Commissioner’s Move: It’s time to ban Ray McDonald from the NFL for lifePosted 6 months ago
- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 6 months ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 6 months ago
First Round Draft Pick Justin Blackmon Officially Signs With Jaguars
- Updated: August 6, 2012
The Jaguars spent their #5 overall pick on WR Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St in hopes that they would be getting the next best thing at the wide receiver position. While Blackmon caught some heat this summer for a DUI arrest which he plead guilty to and received no jail, he has more than enough catching up to do on the field.
The deal is reportedly worth four years and $19.5 million, and it now means that all 2012 NFL Draft first-round picks have been signed.
With a second-year quarterback in Blaine Gabbert the Jaguars look to have a more aggressive passing attack which is one of the many reasons Blackmon was drafted. With Maurice Jones-Drew being the workhorse for this team, Blackmon could help both his running back and quarterback.
Blackmon isn’t expected to play the first pre-season game against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on August 10th.