- White Sox ace Chris Sale fractures foot at home; will miss at least 3 weeksPosted 14 hours ago
- Browns sign Josh McCown to a three-year dealPosted 1 day ago
- VIDEO: Powerade releases Derrick Rose commercial featuring TupacPosted 2 days ago
- NFL Free Agency: Potential landing spots for free agent RBsPosted 2 days ago
- 2015 MLB Predictions: Los Angeles DodgersPosted 3 days ago
- Bulls move on for a third time without RosePosted 4 days ago
- Despite loss of Rose, Bulls title hopes not completely gonePosted 4 days ago
- Inglewood city council approves NFL stadiumPosted 4 days ago
- Latest injury changes landscape on Derrick RosePosted 4 days ago
- 2015 MLB Predictions: Arizona DiamondbacksPosted 4 days ago
Big Ten Week 1 Schedule
- Updated: August 27, 2012
The college football season has finally arrived! Here is the schedule for week 1. All game times are Eastern Time.
Minnesota @ UNLV (11pm, CBS Sports Network) This is now the 4th straight season Minnesota opens the season on the road. UNLV is struggling so the Gophers should start the season 1-0
#24 Boise State @ #13 Michigan State (8pm, ESPN) Both teams have new starting QBs and have really good defenses, so we will see which QB is ready. Should be a great game and with MSU being at home they should be 1-0.
Northwestern @ Syracuse (Noon, ESPN2) Northwestern now has Kain Coulter as the starting QB and he is a very exciting player to watch and this should be a good game between 2 teams that are expected to finish in the bottom half of their conferences.
Ohio @ Penn State (Noon, ESPN) Bill O’Brien looks to starting the season off right and putting the buy offseason behind them.
Western Michigan @ Illinois (Noon, ESPNU) Illinois new head coach Tim Beckman looks to take the Illini places. Last year Illinois beat Western Michigan by 4 and I expect another close exciting game.
Miami (Ohio) @ #18 Ohio State (Noon, BTN) Urban Meyer will start his career at Ohio State 1-0 thats all you need to know about this game.
Iowa @ Northern Illinois (3:30pm, ESPNU) This game is being played in Chicago at Soldier Field. This could be a tough game for the Hawkeyes.
Eastern Kentucky @ Purdue (3:30pm, BTN) This should be an easy win for Purdue, anything other than that will be a bad sign for Purdue for the season.
Southern Miss @ #17 Nebraska (3:30pm, ABC Regional) Southern Miss went 12-2 last season, so this is no cake walk for Nebraska, but they should take care of business.
Northern Iowa @ #12 Wisconsin (3:30pm, BTN) Northern Iowa is a good team in the FCS but Wisconsin is not in the FCS so put a 1 in the win column for the Badgers.
#8 Michigan @ #2 Alabama (8pm, ABC) This game is at Cowboys Stadium. If Michigan wins this game this would be huge win for Michigan and the Big Ten Conference.
Indiana State @ Indiana (8pm, BTN) Sure only fans of Indiana and Indiana State will be watching this game. Indiana should win this game easily and would be first win since September 17, 2011.