- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 5 days ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 6 days ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brandon McManus now a strength, not weakness, for Denver BroncosPosted 3 weeks ago
- Coaches finalized for TUF: 23Posted 3 weeks ago
- Trial date set for Rockies’ Jose ReyesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes considering very different offers between Orioles and MetsPosted 3 weeks ago
Falcons’ Michael Turner Arrested
- Updated: September 18, 2012
If the officiating in Monday Night’s Falcons vs Broncos game wasn’t ugly enough, Michael Turner decided to put the ultimate ugly stamp on his Monday night.
After Turner’s 42-yard, one touchdown performance vs Denver he must have found thoughts to celebrate without thinking. According to Mike Morris of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “Turner was arrested around 4 am on speeding charges and after the officer smelt alcohol on Turner he proceeded to do a DUI investigation.”
Turner was driving his Audi r8 when he was clocked doing 97 mph in a 65 mph zone.
The Atlanta Falcons later issued a statement saying: “We are aware of the situation involving Michael and are in the process of gathering more information. Because this is now a legal matter, the club will have no further comment at this time.””
Turner set a franchise record Monday night with his 51st touchdown but has yet to make an impact this season with the Falcons. Personally, there should be no reason for this, as we all know the income that NFL players have, getting yourself a driver should not be that difficult.
Turner is set to make $5 million this year and $5.5 million in the 2013 season, but his lack of production and common sense propose the question: Should the Falcons cut Michael Turner?