- Report: Mavs Close To Signing Jameer NelsonPosted 54 mins ago
- Tim Hasselback Ranks Tony Romo As Worst QB in NFC EastPosted 2 hours ago
- Report: Fred Davis wanted by D.C. police for domestic violencePosted 3 hours ago
- Report: Mike Pouncey could miss first eight weeks of 2014 seasonPosted 4 hours ago
- Jets sign Jason Babin to two-year dealPosted 4 hours ago
- Report: Bulls offer Taj Gibson, Mirotic and Doug McDermott for Kevin LovePosted 5 hours ago
- Avalanche, Ryan O’Reilly Reach DealPosted 6 hours ago
- Jaguars’ Ace Sanders facing suspension, taking ‘leave from football’Posted 21 hours ago
- Report: Jamaal Charles to holdout from Chiefs campPosted 21 hours ago
- Mike Pettine: ‘Josh Gordon is a Cleveland Brown’Posted 2 days ago
Falcons’ Michael Turner Arrested
- Updated: September 18, 2012
If the officiating in Monday Night’s Falcons vs Broncos game wasn’t ugly enough, Michael Turner decided to put the ultimate ugly stamp on his Monday night.
After Turner’s 42-yard, one touchdown performance vs Denver he must have found thoughts to celebrate without thinking. According to Mike Morris of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “Turner was arrested around 4 am on speeding charges and after the officer smelt alcohol on Turner he proceeded to do a DUI investigation.”
Turner was driving his Audi r8 when he was clocked doing 97 mph in a 65 mph zone.
The Atlanta Falcons later issued a statement saying: “We are aware of the situation involving Michael and are in the process of gathering more information. Because this is now a legal matter, the club will have no further comment at this time.””
Turner set a franchise record Monday night with his 51st touchdown but has yet to make an impact this season with the Falcons. Personally, there should be no reason for this, as we all know the income that NFL players have, getting yourself a driver should not be that difficult.
Turner is set to make $5 million this year and $5.5 million in the 2013 season, but his lack of production and common sense propose the question: Should the Falcons cut Michael Turner?