- Boomer Esiason on Warren Sapp: “He’s An Embarrassment To Anyone Who’s Played The Game”Posted 1 hour ago
- Bryan Caraway Out Of UFC 170 With InjuryPosted 15 hours ago
- St. Louis Rams Look to Be on the Doorstep for 2014Posted 19 hours ago
- Ron Rivera signs three-year extension with PanthersPosted 22 hours ago
- VIDEO: Deion Sanders Interviews Marshawn LynchPosted 22 hours ago
- Photo: Super Bowl Media Day From Richard Sherman’s EyesPosted 23 hours ago
- Sonnen, Silva Involved In Fight On TUF: Brazil SetPosted 2 days ago
- Royal Rumble Results – RAW Results 1/27/14Posted 2 days ago
- Chris Johnson to undergo surgery on torn meniscusPosted 2 days ago
- Mike D’Antoni on Carmelo Anthony “We’re Not Pen Pals”Posted 2 days ago
Falcons’ Michael Turner Arrested
- Updated: September 18, 2012
If the officiating in Monday Night’s Falcons vs Broncos game wasn’t ugly enough, Michael Turner decided to put the ultimate ugly stamp on his Monday night.
After Turner’s 42-yard, one touchdown performance vs Denver he must have found thoughts to celebrate without thinking. According to Mike Morris of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “Turner was arrested around 4 am on speeding charges and after the officer smelt alcohol on Turner he proceeded to do a DUI investigation.”
Turner was driving his Audi r8 when he was clocked doing 97 mph in a 65 mph zone.
The Atlanta Falcons later issued a statement saying: “We are aware of the situation involving Michael and are in the process of gathering more information. Because this is now a legal matter, the club will have no further comment at this time.””
Turner set a franchise record Monday night with his 51st touchdown but has yet to make an impact this season with the Falcons. Personally, there should be no reason for this, as we all know the income that NFL players have, getting yourself a driver should not be that difficult.
Turner is set to make $5 million this year and $5.5 million in the 2013 season, but his lack of production and common sense propose the question: Should the Falcons cut Michael Turner?