- Fantasy Baseball 2013: John Danks Activated From Disabled ListPosted 8 hours ago
- NBA Mock Draft 2013: Derek Spallone & Mark Gunnels (FULL 1st & 2nd Rounds)Posted 9 hours ago
- OKC’s Kevin Durant Gets Huge Bible Scripture Tattoo On His Back & Spells Word Wrong!Posted 24 hours ago
- UFC Fighter Suing Company For Sex Toy That Leaves Him Permanently DisfiguredPosted 1 day ago
- Indiana Pacers Roy Hibbert Disses Heat Player Shane Battier For Dirty Play!Posted 1 day ago
- Legendary NBA Coach Defends Derrick Rose’s ChoicePosted 1 day ago
- LSU’s Troubled Corner Tyrann Matheiu Gets Four Year Deal With CardinalsPosted 1 day ago
- NBA DRAFT: Shane Larkin Is A Perfect Fit For The New York KnicksPosted 1 day ago
- Daily Sports Wrap Up: May 22, 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Mike Pendleton’s 2013 NBA Mock Draft 1.0 Lottery EditionPosted 2 days ago
Saints CB Johnny Patrick Starts HOPE Campaign For Hurricane Sandy Victims
- Updated: November 25, 2012
The following is the official press release from 4th & Long LLC. Saints cornerback Johnny Patrick begins HOPE Campaign:
LAS VEGAS (November 13, 2012) – The Johnny Patrick Foundation today launched the “Hope Campaign” – a partnership between New Orleans Saints Cornerback Johnny Patrick and local Uptown New Orleans up and coming artist “Shorty” to raise awareness and funds for non-profit organization FEMA helping victims of Hurricane Sandy. The HOPE campaign jump started today with Johnny Patrick and Shorty appearing on Fox 8 WVUE-TV Morning Show to talk about why this campaign is so important to them.
“Growing up in Florida, I know firsthand the devastation a hurricane can cause. In fact here in New Orleans, people still desperately need our help after their lives were changed forever by Hurricane Katrina. And now the most recent disaster is the devastation Hurricane Sandy created on our Eastern Border. To help us all remember that the losses caused by the hurricane remain, me and Shorty have partnered up to provide HOPE,” says Patrick. “I just ask that people find it in their hearts to help any way they can. It is very much needed and will be appreciated.”
The program will begin Wednesday, November 14, 2012 on iTunes, with the exclusive premiere of a recently recorded unreleased song entitled “Hope” by Shorty. Apple iTunes customers will have the opportunity to make donations to the hurricane relief by purchasing the single for a mere .99cents. All proceeds of this sale will go to the Johnny Patrick Foundation, who in turn, will donate the funds to FEMA on behalf of Saints Defensive Back Johnny Patrick and artist Shorty.
The culmination of the HOPE campaign will be with a party on December 16th at Republic New Orleans hosted by the Johnny Patrick Foundation featuring a special performance by HipHop artist Shorty. This is a party with a purpose where proceeds from the door will be donated to help Hurricane Sandy victims. More details about the party will be available at www.djro.com and both social networking sites of Johnny Patrick and Shorty.
The HOPE campaign is the first of many campaigns that the Johnny Patrick Foundation is looking to spear head.
Through a series of special events, campaigns and programs the Johnny Patrick Foundation is dedicated to the helping FATHERS of underprivileged children. It will assist fathers by providing tools and opportunities to build self-esteem and encourage a better family unit giving hope for a brighter future. The organization will facilitate the advancement of inventive and effective ways of helping fathers help themselves and their children lead productive and satisfying lives through sports, education & civic initiatives. The Foundation’s overriding ideal, “Help Fathers Be Role Models”, is aimed at helping fathers foster confidence and hope in their children and to teach them that no matter what they want to do in life, it is attainable.
Fans and contributors can follow Johnny Patrick & Shorty on Twitter at @johnnypatrick32 and @shorty_world. Additionally, the Johnny Patrick fan page can be found on Facebook.