- New Jersey HS star Jillian Vassallo excels both on the field and in the classroomPosted 1 month ago
- Reality Check: It’s time to end the Tim Tebow era in the NFLPosted 2 months ago
- Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings on TuesdayPosted 2 months ago
- Commissioner’s Move: It’s time to ban Ray McDonald from the NFL for lifePosted 2 months ago
- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Jacksonville Jaguars: Can Gus Bradley Develop?Posted 2 months ago
- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 2 months ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 3 months ago
Super Agent Rob London Rocking With Jay-Z’s Roc Nation?
- Updated: May 22, 2013
As hip hop legend Jay-Z begins to build his new company Roc Nation Sports, the agency has been looking to add new talent from several different sports. Roc Nation has already signed New York Yankees second baseman, Robinson Cano and most recently WNBA rookie, Skylar Diggins who had a prolific career at Notre Dame.
With two high profiled clients already, the agency has been rumored to be in pursuit of New York Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith, and New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz. Roc Nation has also been on the look out for some of the best sports minds in the business, which undoubtedly could lead to “next-level” clientele. Simply put, the hunt for exceptional agents is on at Roc Nation Sports.
A similar move was made several months ago by Priority Sports when they brought in former New York Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. However it remains to be seen if Tennenbaum’s presence has bolstered priority’s sports profile.
According to sources out of New York City exclusively told to Full Scale Sports, Roc Nation Sports has their sights locked in on one of the football industry’s top young minds; Super-Agent Rob London, to head up their sports division. London, former Vice President at Dow Lohnes Sports & Entertainment, and now President of Rob London Sports & Entertainment Management had been in serious contention over the last few years to become the General Manager of several NFL teams including the Oakland Raiders, New York Jets, and the Carolina Panthers. London’s impressive resume includes having worked with elite NFL Stars Maurice Jones-Drew, Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte, and Super Bowl Champions Antoine Bethea of the Indianapolis Colts, and Baltimore Ravens QB Tyrod Taylor. Looking to make an instant splash in the sports world, its no surprise that Roc Nation would look to the talented London. If a deal between London and Roc Nation Sports is reached, it could send shockwaves throughout the sports community as Roc Nation would have a bona fide rockstar leading the way, attracting not only top NFL draft picks but veteran NFL players alike. Calls to Roc Nation, Kimberly Miale (One of Roc Nation’s newly acquired agents), and Rob London for confirmation have not yet been returned.