- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 3 weeks ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 1 month ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 3 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 5 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 6 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 6 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 6 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 6 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 6 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 6 months ago
Super Agent Rob London Rocking With Jay-Z’s Roc Nation?
- Updated: May 22, 2013
As hip hop legend Jay-Z begins to build his new company Roc Nation Sports, the agency has been looking to add new talent from several different sports. Roc Nation has already signed New York Yankees second baseman, Robinson Cano and most recently WNBA rookie, Skylar Diggins who had a prolific career at Notre Dame.
With two high profiled clients already, the agency has been rumored to be in pursuit of New York Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith, and New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz. Roc Nation has also been on the look out for some of the best sports minds in the business, which undoubtedly could lead to “next-level” clientele. Simply put, the hunt for exceptional agents is on at Roc Nation Sports.
A similar move was made several months ago by Priority Sports when they brought in former New York Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. However it remains to be seen if Tennenbaum’s presence has bolstered priority’s sports profile.
According to sources out of New York City exclusively told to Full Scale Sports, Roc Nation Sports has their sights locked in on one of the football industry’s top young minds; Super-Agent Rob London, to head up their sports division. London, former Vice President at Dow Lohnes Sports & Entertainment, and now President of Rob London Sports & Entertainment Management had been in serious contention over the last few years to become the General Manager of several NFL teams including the Oakland Raiders, New York Jets, and the Carolina Panthers. London’s impressive resume includes having worked with elite NFL Stars Maurice Jones-Drew, Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte, and Super Bowl Champions Antoine Bethea of the Indianapolis Colts, and Baltimore Ravens QB Tyrod Taylor. Looking to make an instant splash in the sports world, its no surprise that Roc Nation would look to the talented London. If a deal between London and Roc Nation Sports is reached, it could send shockwaves throughout the sports community as Roc Nation would have a bona fide rockstar leading the way, attracting not only top NFL draft picks but veteran NFL players alike. Calls to Roc Nation, Kimberly Miale (One of Roc Nation’s newly acquired agents), and Rob London for confirmation have not yet been returned.