- NFL Fantasy Football Week 4 – Ride or PinePosted 5 days ago
- Cub Swanson, Frankie Edgar Fight SetPosted 5 days ago
- Week 4 FA and Waiver Wire AddsPosted 7 days ago
- UFC 181 Gets New Main EventPosted 1 week ago
- DeAngelo Hall says he has torn AchillesPosted 1 week ago
- Matt Cassel has fractured foot; Teddy Bridgewater to startPosted 1 week ago
- Gus Bradley announces Blake Bortles to start for JaguarsPosted 1 week ago
- VIDEO: DeSean Jackson scores 81-yard TD against EaglesPosted 1 week ago
- VIDEO: Johnny Manziel catches pass but has it called backPosted 1 week ago
- Ravens TE Dennis Pitta carted off field with hip injuryPosted 1 week ago
Koppen tears ACL, out for the season; Broncos line suffering
- Updated: July 28, 2013
DENVER- Broncos center Dan Koppen will miss the entire 2013 season after tearing his left ACL on Sunday at Broncos training camp. He was carted off the field and taken to get an MRI where doctors found that the ACL was torn.
Koppen has been the starting point for a number of successful teams. He spent nine years playing in New England and has gone 108-28 in games that he has started.
Koppen joins J.D. Walton who also got injured earlier and is coming off ankle surgery leaving Peyton Manning in search of a new center to rely on. Manny Ramirez is the most obvious replacement at center for the time being. He took most of the snaps during Koppen’s absence.
The Broncos made two recent roster moves, signing right guard Louis Vasquez and free-agent center Steve Vallos in response to recent injuries coming to All-Pro left tackle Ryan Clady, Tackle Orlando Franklin, and guard Chris Kuper who are all coming off of surgery.
While the moves do fill some of the holes at the offensive line, protecting Manning will be key this year if the Broncos are looking to have success. They will likely still be on the search for more players to sign to give Manning time in the pocket to operate his offense.
Follow Me On Twitter: @sam_beishuizen
Check out my blog at myviewfromturn3.wordpress.com