- New Jersey HS star Jillian Vassallo excels both on the field and in the classroomPosted 2 weeks ago
- Reality Check: It’s time to end the Tim Tebow era in the NFLPosted 1 month ago
- Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings on TuesdayPosted 1 month ago
- Commissioner’s Move: It’s time to ban Ray McDonald from the NFL for lifePosted 1 month ago
- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 1 month ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 1 month ago
- 32 Questions: Jacksonville Jaguars: Can Gus Bradley Develop?Posted 1 month ago
- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 2 months ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 2 months ago
Koppen tears ACL, out for the season; Broncos line suffering
- Updated: July 28, 2013
DENVER- Broncos center Dan Koppen will miss the entire 2013 season after tearing his left ACL on Sunday at Broncos training camp. He was carted off the field and taken to get an MRI where doctors found that the ACL was torn.
Koppen has been the starting point for a number of successful teams. He spent nine years playing in New England and has gone 108-28 in games that he has started.
Koppen joins J.D. Walton who also got injured earlier and is coming off ankle surgery leaving Peyton Manning in search of a new center to rely on. Manny Ramirez is the most obvious replacement at center for the time being. He took most of the snaps during Koppen’s absence.
The Broncos made two recent roster moves, signing right guard Louis Vasquez and free-agent center Steve Vallos in response to recent injuries coming to All-Pro left tackle Ryan Clady, Tackle Orlando Franklin, and guard Chris Kuper who are all coming off of surgery.
While the moves do fill some of the holes at the offensive line, protecting Manning will be key this year if the Broncos are looking to have success. They will likely still be on the search for more players to sign to give Manning time in the pocket to operate his offense.
Follow Me On Twitter: @sam_beishuizen
Check out my blog at myviewfromturn3.wordpress.com