- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 4 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 4 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 6 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 8 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 9 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 9 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 9 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 9 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 9 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 9 months ago
Gators QB Driskel Out For Season.
- Updated: September 21, 2013
Florida Gators QB Jeff Driskel is out for the remainder of the season after breaking fibula (small bone in leg) in the 1st quarter against Tennessee after being hit by Marlon Walls as he was throwing the ball. That pass was intercepted by Devaun Swafford and returned 62 yards for a TD.
Driskel will need surgery on his broken leg according to Gators head coach Will Muschamp said after the game. “Jeff Driskel is as tough a kid as I’ve been around so when he looked at the sideline and waved, I knew it was bad,” Muschamp said on CBS.
Driskel was already wearing a brace on his sprained left knee. Driskel left the field on crutches after the injury.
Tyler Murphy replaced Driskel and completed 8 of 14 passes for 134 yards and a touchdown. Murphy also had 10 carries for 84 yards and a touchdown. Head coach Will Muschamp said after the that Junior QB Tyler Murphy will be the starting QB for the Gators for the remainder of the season.
Driskel thanked Gators fans and supporters on Twitter after the game, “Big win. congrats to murph. i know hell do great the rest of the way. Thanks for all the get well wishes.” @jeffdriskel