- Adrian Peterson’s teammate says he should be able to playPosted 21 hours ago
- LeSean McCoy says DeSean Jackson will play SundayPosted 22 hours ago
- AP’s high school coach admits to hitting player with 18 inch wooden paddlePosted 23 hours ago
- Florida State benches Jameis Winston for a half due to vulgar commentsPosted 23 hours ago
- Nike suspends endorsement deal with Adrian PetersonPosted 23 hours ago
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt listPosted 24 hours ago
- NFL and NFLPA finalize drug policy; players reinstatedPosted 1 day ago
- Report: Panthers expected to put Greg Hardy on exempt listPosted 1 day ago
- Kings to retire Peja Stojakovic’s jerseyPosted 2 days ago
- NFLPA appeals indefinite suspension for Ray RicePosted 2 days ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.