- Cubs announce update on Wrigley Field renovationsPosted 23 mins ago
- Alabama RB Tyren Jones arrested on marijuana chargesPosted 1 hour ago
- Dwight Freeney suing Bank Of America for $20 million in lost wagesPosted 2 hours ago
- Jameis Winston says he doesn’t plan to attend draft due to grandmother’s healthPosted 3 hours ago
- Report: Ravens sign Matt SchaubPosted 4 hours ago
- Second grader rips Cam Newton, says Panthers need new QBPosted 5 hours ago
- Patrick Beverley to miss four months after wrist surgeryPosted 5 hours ago
- Kris Bryant’s unpopular demotion is best for businessPosted 16 hours ago
- Chris Mullin to become next head coach at St. John’sPosted 19 hours ago
- 2015 MLB Predictions: AL WestPosted 19 hours ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.