- Ravens lose Joe Flacco and Justin Forsett in win vs RamsPosted 6 days ago
- Why I Love Ronda RouseyPosted 2 weeks ago
- In return to MetLife, Rex Ryan needs to keep quiet and focus on footballPosted 2 weeks ago
- The NFL’s biggest problem? IgnorancePosted 3 weeks ago
- New Jersey HS star Jillian Vassallo excels both on the field and in the classroomPosted 5 months ago
- Reality Check: It’s time to end the Tim Tebow era in the NFLPosted 6 months ago
- Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings on TuesdayPosted 6 months ago
- Commissioner’s Move: It’s time to ban Ray McDonald from the NFL for lifePosted 6 months ago
- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 6 months ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 6 months ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.