- New Jersey HS star Jillian Vassallo excels both on the field and in the classroomPosted 5 days ago
- Reality Check: It’s time to end the Tim Tebow era in the NFLPosted 4 weeks ago
- Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings on TuesdayPosted 4 weeks ago
- Commissioner’s Move: It’s time to ban Ray McDonald from the NFL for lifePosted 1 month ago
- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 1 month ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 1 month ago
- 32 Questions: Jacksonville Jaguars: Can Gus Bradley Develop?Posted 1 month ago
- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 1 month ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 1 month ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 1 month ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.