- NFL Fantasy Football Week 4 – Ride or PinePosted 2 months ago
- Cub Swanson, Frankie Edgar Fight SetPosted 2 months ago
- Week 4 FA and Waiver Wire AddsPosted 2 months ago
- UFC 181 Gets New Main EventPosted 2 months ago
- DeAngelo Hall says he has torn AchillesPosted 2 months ago
- Matt Cassel has fractured foot; Teddy Bridgewater to startPosted 2 months ago
- Gus Bradley announces Blake Bortles to start for JaguarsPosted 2 months ago
- VIDEO: DeSean Jackson scores 81-yard TD against EaglesPosted 2 months ago
- VIDEO: Johnny Manziel catches pass but has it called backPosted 2 months ago
- Ravens TE Dennis Pitta carted off field with hip injuryPosted 2 months ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.