- Report: Kevin Love seeking more medical opinions; expected to miss at least 2 weeksPosted 4 hours ago
- Suspensions announced for White Sox-Royals brawlPosted 2 days ago
- Royals just can’t seem to play nice; GM defends Ventura, teamPosted 3 days ago
- Reds’ Billy Hamilton swipes 3 bases off Jon LesterPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Angels could part ways with Josh Hamilton very soonPosted 3 days ago
- NFL executive compares Jameis Winston to JaMarcus RussellPosted 3 days ago
- Tony Romo: We’re going to win the Super Bowl this yearPosted 3 days ago
- Road To The NFL: JaCorey Shepherd awaiting the draftPosted 3 days ago
- Kawhi Leonard named Defensive Player Of the YearPosted 4 days ago
- Tigers’ Joe Nathan out for season with torn UCLPosted 4 days ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.