- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 4 days ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 5 days ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 1 week ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 1 week ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brandon McManus now a strength, not weakness, for Denver BroncosPosted 3 weeks ago
- Coaches finalized for TUF: 23Posted 3 weeks ago
- Trial date set for Rockies’ Jose ReyesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes considering very different offers between Orioles and MetsPosted 3 weeks ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.