- REPORT: Eagles to release Trent ColePosted 4 hours ago
- Russell Westbrook expected to return WednesdayPosted 7 hours ago
- Denver Nuggets fire head coach Brian ShawPosted 9 hours ago
- Top five destinations for Andre JohnsonPosted 20 hours ago
- Rockets’ James Harden suspended 1 gamePosted 23 hours ago
- Chiefs lay franchise tag on HoustonPosted 1 day ago
- Jon Lester named Cubs Opening Day starterPosted 1 day ago
- Jimmy Butler to miss 3-4 weeks with elbow sprainPosted 1 day ago
- Chicago Blackhawks: Ben Smith Traded to San Jose SharksPosted 1 day ago
- Dallas Cowboys: Dez Bryant’s franchise tag is best case for both sidesPosted 2 days ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.