- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 5 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 6 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 8 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 10 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 10 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 10 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 11 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 11 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 11 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 11 months ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.