- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 2 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 2 days ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 3 days ago
- Jets OC says Geno Smith is starter and there is no competitionPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Scott Brooks passing on interviews; likely sitting out coaching in 2015Posted 3 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Is Jameis Ready To Be The Franchise?Posted 3 days ago
- Report: Aaron Hernandez involved in prison brawlPosted 4 days ago
- Dolphins sign QB Ryan Tannehill to $96 million extension through 2020Posted 5 days ago
- Report: Tom Thibodeau is as Good as Gone in ChicagoPosted 1 week ago
- Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. named Madden 16 cover athletePosted 1 week ago
Alabama Safety Suspended Indefinitely For Violation Of Team Rules
- Updated: October 2, 2013
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama safety HaHa Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.
Clinton-Dix, a third-year junior, is considered to be one of the nation’s best safeties and has been projected as a potential first-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. On the season, he’s second on the team with 24 tackles and also has two pass deflections. He led Alabama with five interceptions during his sophomore year.
Sophomores Landon Collins and Geno Smith will fill the void during Clinton-Dix’s absence. Collins, a five-star recruit who has shined on special teams and in Alabama’s dime package, really hadn’t played the position until now.
Senior Nick Perry was Clinton-Dix’s backup before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery.
Clinton-Dix is the fourth Alabama player to serve a Saban-announced suspension since the start of preseason camp.