- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 12 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 12 months ago
BREAKING: Panthers To Trade LB Beason To Giants
- Updated: October 3, 2013
In a story breaking in the waning hours of the first day of Week 5, Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer reports that the Carolina Panthers are in the works of trading their 3-time Pro Bowl linebacker Jon Beason to the New York Giants for a late-round pick. Glazer says, pending a physical, the deal is done.
Jon Beason is a 28-year-old veteran who has played his entire career in Carolina. Over his 7-year career, Beason collected 573 career tackles and 9 interceptions. He has been selected as Second Team All-Pro in 2008 and 2009 and has made Pro Bowl appearances in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
The Giants, who are in desperate need of help at linebacker, will give the Panthers a late-round draft pick, most likely 6th-rounder.
Beason has not seen much action this year, splitting snaps with LB (former Giant) Chase Blackburn. Beason has recently struggled with injuries; he’s had microfracture surgery, knee surgery and tore his achilles tendon in 2011. Should he pass his physical, the Giants will sign him in Friday morning.
NFL Network’s Ian Rapaport tweets his thoughts on Beason and his injuries possibly impacting the deal:
Beason signed a 5-year, $50M contract with Carolina in 2011 prior to his achilles injury.
For more breaking news from the NFL, log on to Twitter and follow @Jim_Vasil and @FullScaleSport.
Photo: Associated Press