- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 5 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 6 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 8 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 10 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 10 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 10 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 11 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 11 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 11 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 11 months ago
Michael Vick ruled out vs Tampa Bay
- Updated: October 12, 2013
TAMPA, Fla. — Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has officially been ruled out against the Buccaneers due to a hamstring injury. Vick was injured late in the first half last week against the New York Giants, and was replaced by Nick Foles who is expected to start next week.
Vick tried practicing through the week but was ruled out Saturday, while Foles was added to the injury report on Friday, he’s now listed as probable. Rookie quarterback Matt Barkley who was inactive in the first five weeks of the season, will be activated for this game. In relief of Vick, Foles went 16-25 for 197 yards and two touchdowns.
Through the first five games, Vick had thrown for 1,185 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions, and leads the league in rushing yards by a quarterback with 307.
Eagles head coach Chip Kelly said that he would not put Vick “in harm’s way”.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
(Photo credit: Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)