- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 5 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 6 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 8 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 9 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 10 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 10 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 10 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 10 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 11 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 11 months ago
Case Keenum Named Texans’ Starting QB
- Updated: October 17, 2013
HOUSTON- The Houston Texans announced that Case Keenum will be their starting quarterback in Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Keenum, who started the season as the team’s third-string quarterback and was inactive for the first six games, will replace quarterback Matt Schaub, who was injured in last Sunday’s game against the St. Louis Rams. Schaub left the field in the third quarter with an injury to his ankle and foot.
Second-string quarterback T.J. Yates came into the game following the injury to Schaub, only to throw two interceptions, one of which was returned 96 yards for a touchdown by Rams’ rookie linebacker Alec Ogletree.
So far this season, the Texans, and Schaub, have struggled to put together a cohesive offense. The 38-13 loss to the Rams was the team’s fourth straight loss, bringing their record to 2-4.
It was also the fifth consecutive game in which a Texans’ quarterback threw a pick-six.
Head coach Greg Kubiak admitted the team has been struggling. He said they need a “spark,” according to ESPN.
ESPN also reported that Kubiak said he thinks that Keenum deserves the opportunity to play.
“He’s a competitor and he’s a very confident young man,” Kubiak said.
Keenum, who was picked up by the Texans in 2012 as an undrafted free agent, spent last season on the team’s practice squad. Sunday will be his first NFL start.
(Photo credit: The Houston Chronicle)
Follow FSS on Twitter! @FullScaleSport
Like FSS on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FullScaleSports