- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 4 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 4 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 6 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 8 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 9 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 9 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 9 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 9 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 9 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 9 months ago
Matt McGloin to start for Raiders
- Updated: November 16, 2013
OAKLAND, Cali. — The Oakland Raiders will have a different quarterback come Sunday. With Terrelle Pryor out the team will turn to rookie Matt McGloin as their starter vs the Houston Texans on Sunday.
McGloin is far different from Pryor as a player, the former Penn State Nittany Lion is billed as a prototypical pocket passer, under center, and head coach Dennis Allen recognized that.
“With Matt in there, we’re probably not running as many read-option plays and that type of stuff,” Raiders coach Dennis Allen said, “but the basis of the offense and what we did isn’t a whole lot different.” (CSNBayArea.com)
Filling in for Pryor during a blowout loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, McGloin went 7-15 for 87 yards, no touchdowns or interceptions, and a quarterback rating of 65.1
Ironically enough, McGloin is set to make his first NFL start against another undrafted rookie, Case Keenum of the Houston Texans. It won’t be the first time McGloin is matched up against Keenum, back in their collegiate days, McGloin and Penn State faced Keenum and Houston in the TicketCity Bowl in 2012.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (onwardstate.com)