- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 3 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 3 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 5 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 7 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 8 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 8 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 8 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 8 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 8 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 8 months ago
Georges St-Pierre Responds To Personal Issues Rumors
- Updated: November 20, 2013
For the first time since rumors began circulating about UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, including a TMZ report claiming the current champion had an ailing father and unexpected pregnancy, St-Pierre denied all rumors surfacing about himself.
“I’m not a dad, I’m not in rehab, and my father is not dying,” St-Pierre said on camera at the LAX airport Wednesday.
Along with denying the spreading rumors, St-Pierre also was caught on camera saying he would be training back in Montreal very soon. However, the current champion also admitted to stepping out, and training just for himself for the time being.
Following his controversial decision win over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 last Saturday, St-Pierre shocked the UFC world when he said he would look to take some time away from the UFC and handle some personal issues going on in his life. Earlier in the week, TMZ Sports posted on their website a report that St-Pierre’s father was dying, and that he got a woman pregnant, who was going to keep the baby while he did not want her to.
Meanwhile, UFC President Dana White has said that talks to make an immediate rematch between St-Pierre and Hendricks are “on track,” and could potential be set up within a couple weeks.
The video link here is the encounter at LAX airport shot on Wednesday: http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_mbgw5pu3/
Follow Brandon Boles on Twitter: @BrandonBoles
(Photo Credit: Isaac Brekken/AP)