- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 1 year ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 1 year ago
Brandon Browner facing suspension
- Updated: November 25, 2013
UPDATE: Brandon Browner took to Twitter to dispute the claim
I'm not facing suspension for PEDs, it's sad that the NFL is reporting this…
— Brandon Browner (@bbrowner27) November 25, 2013
Yesterday it was reported that Seattle Seahawks cornerback Walter Thurmond was facing a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, and on Monday it got even worse for Seattle. Mike Silver of NFL Network reporting that cornerback Brandon Browner, is facing another suspension for PED use, which would be the second one of his career.
Browner missed the last four games of the 2012 season due to his first suspension, and is currently out with a groin injury, which was expected to keep him out until around mid-December. Silver is also reporting that to make up for the loss of Browner and Thurmond, the Seahawks are signing Antonie Winfield, who they cut in training camp.
This now makes the fifth PED suspension for the Seattle Seahawks since 2011, which is a league high.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Stephen Brashear/Getty Images)