- Raptors fined $25K for Drake comments towards DurantPosted 14 mins ago
- Marshawn Lynch being investigated for assault allegationPosted 44 mins ago
- Alex Smith Doesn’t Want Andy Dalton Type ContractPosted 19 hours ago
- Rockies’ Gonzalez Back On DLPosted 1 day ago
- Jets rookie Dexter McDougle suffers torn ACLPosted 1 day ago
- Yankees tell Kate Upton not to wear Tigers gear to Yankee StadiumPosted 1 day ago
- Bill Self says Andrew Wiggins wants to play for WolvesPosted 1 day ago
- NCAA Will Appeal O’Bannon RulingPosted 1 day ago
- Marlins Brad Penny Gets Win In 1st Start Since 2011.Posted 2 days ago
- BREAKING: Tony Stewart Under Investigation At Dirt TrackPosted 2 days ago
Report: Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans headed to NFL Draft
- Updated: December 30, 2013
Just one day away from their Chick-Fil-A Bowl game, two Texas A&M stars have reportedly decided there next step. According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com both the Aggies quarterback and star wide receiver have reportedly decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
No surprise but Manziel and Evans will be playing final college games tomorrow, multiple sources tell me. #TAMUvsDUKE
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) December 30, 2013
In 2013, Manziel threw for 3,732 yards while Evans caught 65 passes for 1,322 yards in their red-shirt sophomore seasons. Both Manziel and Evans are projected to be top picks in the 2014 Draft, and are projected as top players at their respective positions.
While both Evans and Manziel are likely franchise changers, they’ll have to soak in their final game together against Duke, and prepare themselves to take on independent roles to step up and lead a franchise on their own.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Scott Halleran/Getty Images)