- Greg Jennings pulls April Fools joke on everyonePosted 2 hours ago
- WATCH: Steph Curry drops Chris Paul with cross of the yearPosted 4 hours ago
- WATCH: Alex Ovechkin scores 50th goal of seasonPosted 6 hours ago
- Report: Marcus Mariota won’t attend NFL draft in ChicagoPosted 8 hours ago
- The curious future of Cole Hamels as a member of the PhilliesPosted 9 hours ago
- Cubs announce update on Wrigley Field renovationsPosted 10 hours ago
- Alabama RB Tyren Jones arrested on marijuana chargesPosted 11 hours ago
- Dwight Freeney suing Bank Of America for $20 million in lost wagesPosted 12 hours ago
- Jameis Winston says he doesn’t plan to attend draft due to grandmother’s healthPosted 13 hours ago
- Report: Ravens sign Matt SchaubPosted 14 hours ago
Report: Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans headed to NFL Draft
- Updated: December 30, 2013
Just one day away from their Chick-Fil-A Bowl game, two Texas A&M stars have reportedly decided there next step. According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com both the Aggies quarterback and star wide receiver have reportedly decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
No surprise but Manziel and Evans will be playing final college games tomorrow, multiple sources tell me. #TAMUvsDUKE
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) December 30, 2013
In 2013, Manziel threw for 3,732 yards while Evans caught 65 passes for 1,322 yards in their red-shirt sophomore seasons. Both Manziel and Evans are projected to be top picks in the 2014 Draft, and are projected as top players at their respective positions.
While both Evans and Manziel are likely franchise changers, they’ll have to soak in their final game together against Duke, and prepare themselves to take on independent roles to step up and lead a franchise on their own.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Scott Halleran/Getty Images)