- RAW/Smackdown Results – WWE News & RumorsPosted 2 hours ago
- Pat Riley issues statement on LeBron’s departurePosted 4 hours ago
- Report: Nick Marshall cited for marijuana possessionPosted 5 hours ago
- Report: Heat in lead to sign Luol DengPosted 5 hours ago
- Report: Pau Gasol turns down Lakers offerPosted 5 hours ago
- Lakers re-sign Jordan Hill to two-year dealPosted 5 hours ago
- Suns to acquire Isaiah Thomas in sign-and-trade from KingsPosted 5 hours ago
- Nick Young re-signs with LakersPosted 6 hours ago
- Chris Bosh re-signs with Heat on five-year deal for $118 millionPosted 6 hours ago
- Report: Cavs targeting Ray Allen and Mike MillerPosted 7 hours ago
Report: Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans headed to NFL Draft
- Updated: December 30, 2013
Just one day away from their Chick-Fil-A Bowl game, two Texas A&M stars have reportedly decided there next step. According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com both the Aggies quarterback and star wide receiver have reportedly decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
No surprise but Manziel and Evans will be playing final college games tomorrow, multiple sources tell me. #TAMUvsDUKE
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) December 30, 2013
In 2013, Manziel threw for 3,732 yards while Evans caught 65 passes for 1,322 yards in their red-shirt sophomore seasons. Both Manziel and Evans are projected to be top picks in the 2014 Draft, and are projected as top players at their respective positions.
While both Evans and Manziel are likely franchise changers, they’ll have to soak in their final game together against Duke, and prepare themselves to take on independent roles to step up and lead a franchise on their own.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Scott Halleran/Getty Images)