- MLB First Month Check-InPosted 2 days ago
- Under The Scope: The sad and harsh reality of the NFL DraftPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Kevin Love seeking more medical opinions; expected to miss at least 2 weeksPosted 1 week ago
- Ronda Rousey ‘One and Done’ in WWE According to Dana WhitePosted 1 week ago
- Suspensions announced for White Sox-Royals brawlPosted 1 week ago
- Royals just can’t seem to play nice; GM defends Ventura, teamPosted 2 weeks ago
- Reds’ Billy Hamilton swipes 3 bases off Jon LesterPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report: Angels could part ways with Josh Hamilton very soonPosted 2 weeks ago
- NFL executive compares Jameis Winston to JaMarcus RussellPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tony Romo: We’re going to win the Super Bowl this yearPosted 2 weeks ago
Report: Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans headed to NFL Draft
- Updated: December 30, 2013
Just one day away from their Chick-Fil-A Bowl game, two Texas A&M stars have reportedly decided there next step. According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com both the Aggies quarterback and star wide receiver have reportedly decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
No surprise but Manziel and Evans will be playing final college games tomorrow, multiple sources tell me. #TAMUvsDUKE
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) December 30, 2013
In 2013, Manziel threw for 3,732 yards while Evans caught 65 passes for 1,322 yards in their red-shirt sophomore seasons. Both Manziel and Evans are projected to be top picks in the 2014 Draft, and are projected as top players at their respective positions.
While both Evans and Manziel are likely franchise changers, they’ll have to soak in their final game together against Duke, and prepare themselves to take on independent roles to step up and lead a franchise on their own.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Scott Halleran/Getty Images)