- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 23 hours ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 1 day ago
- 32 Questions: Jacksonville Jaguars: Can Gus Bradley Develop?Posted 3 days ago
- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 6 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 6 days ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 1 week ago
- Jets OC says Geno Smith is starter and there is no competitionPosted 1 week ago
- Report: Scott Brooks passing on interviews; likely sitting out coaching in 2015Posted 1 week ago
- 32 Questions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Is Jameis Ready To Be The Franchise?Posted 1 week ago
- Report: Aaron Hernandez involved in prison brawlPosted 1 week ago
Report: Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans headed to NFL Draft
- Updated: December 30, 2013
Just one day away from their Chick-Fil-A Bowl game, two Texas A&M stars have reportedly decided there next step. According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com both the Aggies quarterback and star wide receiver have reportedly decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
No surprise but Manziel and Evans will be playing final college games tomorrow, multiple sources tell me. #TAMUvsDUKE
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) December 30, 2013
In 2013, Manziel threw for 3,732 yards while Evans caught 65 passes for 1,322 yards in their red-shirt sophomore seasons. Both Manziel and Evans are projected to be top picks in the 2014 Draft, and are projected as top players at their respective positions.
While both Evans and Manziel are likely franchise changers, they’ll have to soak in their final game together against Duke, and prepare themselves to take on independent roles to step up and lead a franchise on their own.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Scott Halleran/Getty Images)