- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 2 weeks ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 3 weeks ago
- Brandon McManus now a strength, not weakness, for Denver BroncosPosted 4 weeks ago
- Coaches finalized for TUF: 23Posted 4 weeks ago
- Trial date set for Rockies’ Jose ReyesPosted 4 weeks ago
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes considering very different offers between Orioles and MetsPosted 4 weeks ago
Report: Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans headed to NFL Draft
- Updated: December 30, 2013
Just one day away from their Chick-Fil-A Bowl game, two Texas A&M stars have reportedly decided there next step. According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com both the Aggies quarterback and star wide receiver have reportedly decided to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
No surprise but Manziel and Evans will be playing final college games tomorrow, multiple sources tell me. #TAMUvsDUKE
— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) December 30, 2013
In 2013, Manziel threw for 3,732 yards while Evans caught 65 passes for 1,322 yards in their red-shirt sophomore seasons. Both Manziel and Evans are projected to be top picks in the 2014 Draft, and are projected as top players at their respective positions.
While both Evans and Manziel are likely franchise changers, they’ll have to soak in their final game together against Duke, and prepare themselves to take on independent roles to step up and lead a franchise on their own.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Scott Halleran/Getty Images)