- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 4 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 4 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 6 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 8 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 9 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 9 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 9 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 9 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 9 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 9 months ago
Lakers, Warriors Agree To Trade
- Updated: February 19, 2014
According to multiple media reports, the Los Angeles Lakers and Golden State Warriors have agreed to a trade that will send G Steve Blake to Golden State in exchange for G Kent Bazemore and G MarShon Brooks.
Steve Blake, who turns 34 years old next week, has been injured for most of this season. Blake has put up 9.5 ppg and a career-high 7.6 apg when healthy enough to play this season, thriving in Mike D’Antoni’s up-tempo system. Blake will now be joining his 7th team, likely serving as the primary back-up to All-Star Stephen Curry. Don’t be surprised if you see some lineups with Blake and Curry playing together. Blake has started in the back-court alongside Steve Nash. Blake’s ability to shoot the three — a career 39% shooter from three — will be a welcome addition to Golden State.
Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks have played a combined 356 minutes this season. However, the depth at guard is definitely needed with guys like Kobe Bryant, Nick Young, and Xavier Henry all out with injury.
The trade will save the Lakers almost $3.5M in luxury taxes this coming summer, along with the bench depth Bazemore and Brooks may provide if they play.
Follow me on Twitter — @ESPN_Nekias