- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 12 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 12 months ago
David Carr wants to make NFL return and backup brother
- Updated: March 6, 2014
Former #1 overall pick, quarterback David Carr wants to return to the NFL, but not for the reason you might expect. The Houston Chronicle is reporting that David wants to return and be the backup to his brother Derek, who is listed as a top-5 quarterback in the 2014 NFL Draft quarterback class.
David Carr’s ideal situation is signing with #NFL team that drafts younger brother, Derek, and backing him up. Both are comfortable with it.
— Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) March 6, 2014
The Houston Texans drafted David with the first overall pick in the 2002 Draft, but 12 years later it doesn’t seem as if there is much of a chance that Derek has the same situation happen to him. While it would certainly be a great story of both Carr brothers being drafted first overall and to the Houston Texans, Derek will likely find himself a home where he can compete for a starting job right away.
That being said, it’ll be much easier for Derek to gain a job than it will be for his brother, who sat out all of the 2013 season. Something to watch for, it sounds like a dream story, but it would be a great dream come true for both Carr brothers.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: The Fresno Bee