- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 3 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 3 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 5 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 7 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 8 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 8 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 8 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 8 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 8 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 8 months ago
Report: Darren Sharper told witnesses that sex wasn’t consensual
- Updated: March 6, 2014
Things just keep getting worse for Darren Sharper. The former Saints, Vikings, and Packers safety and NFL Network is already in jail for multiple rape allegations, and now the truth is starting to come out. According to a report obtained by USA Today, Sharper told witnesses that he and a friend had sex with two other women and it wasn’t consensual.
Sharper is currently being held in a Los Angeles jail, as the rape investigation is taking place in New Orleans. An acquaintance of Sharper’s, Erik Nunez, also is facing two charges of aggravated rape in the incident, which police in Louisiana said occurred at an apartment on Sept. 23, 2013. Nunez was booked on two counts of rape Friday morning in New Orleans.
In L.A. Sharper is also charged with 7 felonies in relation to the rape and drugging charges he is facing. Other than California and Louisiana, Sharper is being investigated for sexual assault cases in Florida, Nevada, and Arizona. If he is convicted in California, Sharper could face more than 30 years in state prison, and if convicted of aggravated rape in Louisiana, Sharper and Nunez could face life in prison.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Pool/Getty Images)