- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 3 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 3 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 5 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 7 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 8 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 8 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 8 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 8 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 8 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 8 months ago
Tigers’ Jose Iglesias out four to six months
- Updated: March 20, 2014
The Detroit Tigers will be without shortstop Jose Iglesias for at least “four to six months”, if not longer said the team’s general manager Dave Dombrowski. It was diagnosed earlier this week that Iglesias has bilateral tibial stress fractures in both legs.
“The reality is that he will be out basically for at least five months. Perhaps back late in the year, but in my thought process that’s more unlikely than likely at this time.” (Detroit Free Press)
While many speculate that the Tigers will look to trade for a shortstop or sign free agent Stephen Drew, Dombrowski says the team will look internally first.
“We’re going to continue to look at our internal candidates. I have seen that other people say they’re asking about, We are always keeping abreast of what’s taking place at various spots. But right now, we’re looking at internal candidates and, right now, that’s the way we’re leaning on going. (Detroit Free Press)
“Now does that mean we could make a move to perhaps complement some of the guys we have? Perhaps. But right now, we’re looking at our main guys being internal. And the importance of catching the baseball at shortstop. We need to have somebody who can play defensively at shortstop.” (Detroit Free Press)
The Tigers will certainly make a move to address the shortstop position, but it was made clear that they want a defensive guy over a hitter, and better news for Tigers fans, they expect Iglesias to be at full strength come 2015.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twiter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Duane Burleson/Getty Images)