- Avery Bradley on Rondo: “I Know He’s Happy Here”Posted 5 mins ago
- Report: Mark Sanchez Doesn’t Want Trade To RamsPosted 43 mins ago
- Report: Sam Bradford Tears ACL; Out For SeasonPosted 20 hours ago
- Broncos’ Welker Injured In Preseason GamePosted 1 day ago
- Jeff Fisher on Bradford’s Injury: “I Really Don’t Have Any Information”Posted 1 day ago
- Cam Newton: “Madden Brings Out The Nerd In Me”Posted 2 days ago
- Packers NT B.J. Raji out for season with torn bicepPosted 2 days ago
- Kevin Love to Cavaliers trade made officialPosted 2 days ago
- Rex Ryan Picks Geno Smith Over Michael Vick For Season OpenerPosted 2 days ago
- Team USA basketball roster finalizedPosted 2 days ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)