- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 2 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 2 days ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 3 days ago
- Jets OC says Geno Smith is starter and there is no competitionPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Scott Brooks passing on interviews; likely sitting out coaching in 2015Posted 3 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Is Jameis Ready To Be The Franchise?Posted 3 days ago
- Report: Aaron Hernandez involved in prison brawlPosted 3 days ago
- Dolphins sign QB Ryan Tannehill to $96 million extension through 2020Posted 5 days ago
- Report: Tom Thibodeau is as Good as Gone in ChicagoPosted 1 week ago
- Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. named Madden 16 cover athletePosted 1 week ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)