- Report: Tony Romo restructures contract to save Cowboys $13 million in cap spacePosted 22 mins ago
- Jonathan Taylor’s accuser recants story and gets arrestedPosted 43 mins ago
- Mets sign Juan Lagares to four-year, $20 million extensionPosted 2 hours ago
- Cowboys re-sign Rolando McClain to one-year dealPosted 3 hours ago
- Greg Jennings pulls April Fools joke on everyonePosted 12 hours ago
- WATCH: Steph Curry drops Chris Paul with cross of the yearPosted 14 hours ago
- WATCH: Alex Ovechkin scores 50th goal of seasonPosted 16 hours ago
- Report: Marcus Mariota won’t attend NFL draft in ChicagoPosted 18 hours ago
- The curious future of Cole Hamels as a member of the PhilliesPosted 19 hours ago
- Cubs announce update on Wrigley Field renovationsPosted 20 hours ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)