- Suspensions announced for White Sox-Royals brawlPosted 2 days ago
- Royals just can’t seem to play nice; GM defends Ventura, teamPosted 2 days ago
- Reds’ Billy Hamilton swipes 3 bases off Jon LesterPosted 2 days ago
- Report: Angels could part ways with Josh Hamilton very soonPosted 3 days ago
- NFL executive compares Jameis Winston to JaMarcus RussellPosted 3 days ago
- Tony Romo: We’re going to win the Super Bowl this yearPosted 3 days ago
- Road To The NFL: JaCorey Shepherd awaiting the draftPosted 3 days ago
- Kawhi Leonard named Defensive Player Of the YearPosted 4 days ago
- Tigers’ Joe Nathan out for season with torn UCLPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond’s job may be in jeopardyPosted 1 week ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)