- Hawaii Football May Be In DangerPosted 7 hours ago
- Buffalo To Host 2015 and 2016 NHL CombinePosted 7 hours ago
- Report: Braxton Miller’s season in jeopardy after reinjuring shoulderPosted 8 hours ago
- Report: Cardinals believe Darnell Dockett tore ACLPosted 8 hours ago
- Report: Cardinals Darnell Dockett Carted Off FieldPosted 9 hours ago
- Report: Tyrann Mathieu To Come Off PUP List TuesdayPosted 9 hours ago
- Report: Jerome Simpson facing another suspensionPosted 10 hours ago
- Mets’ Bartolo Colon Scratched From Monday StartPosted 14 hours ago
- Ex-Giants RB David Wilson chasing Olympic dreamsPosted 15 hours ago
- St. Louis Rams donated tickets to Ferguson high schoolsPosted 15 hours ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)