- Wizards acquire Kris Humphries in sign-and-tradePosted 5 hours ago
- Mike Miller signs with CavaliersPosted 5 hours ago
- Carlos Boozer amnestied by BullsPosted 6 hours ago
- Carmelo Anthony takes $5 million less than max offerPosted 7 hours ago
- Dwyane Wade signs two-year deal to remain with HeatPosted 8 hours ago
- NBA jerseys to feature gold tabs for championshipsPosted 9 hours ago
- Chris Kluwe to sue the VikingsPosted 10 hours ago
- Derek Jeter’s All-Star Game cleats are memorablePosted 13 hours ago
- West Virginia RB arrested and charged with intimidating witnessPosted 13 hours ago
- Cowboys release QB Kyle OrtonPosted 14 hours ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)