- Ravens lose Joe Flacco and Justin Forsett in win vs RamsPosted 5 days ago
- Why I Love Ronda RouseyPosted 2 weeks ago
- In return to MetLife, Rex Ryan needs to keep quiet and focus on footballPosted 2 weeks ago
- The NFL’s biggest problem? IgnorancePosted 2 weeks ago
- New Jersey HS star Jillian Vassallo excels both on the field and in the classroomPosted 5 months ago
- Reality Check: It’s time to end the Tim Tebow era in the NFLPosted 6 months ago
- Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings on TuesdayPosted 6 months ago
- Commissioner’s Move: It’s time to ban Ray McDonald from the NFL for lifePosted 6 months ago
- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 6 months ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 6 months ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)