- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 6 days ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 6 days ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brandon McManus now a strength, not weakness, for Denver BroncosPosted 3 weeks ago
- Coaches finalized for TUF: 23Posted 3 weeks ago
- Trial date set for Rockies’ Jose ReyesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes considering very different offers between Orioles and MetsPosted 3 weeks ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)