- Adrian Peterson’s teammate says he should be able to playPosted 23 hours ago
- LeSean McCoy says DeSean Jackson will play SundayPosted 1 day ago
- AP’s high school coach admits to hitting player with 18 inch wooden paddlePosted 1 day ago
- Florida State benches Jameis Winston for a half due to vulgar commentsPosted 1 day ago
- Nike suspends endorsement deal with Adrian PetersonPosted 1 day ago
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt listPosted 1 day ago
- NFL and NFLPA finalize drug policy; players reinstatedPosted 1 day ago
- Report: Panthers expected to put Greg Hardy on exempt listPosted 1 day ago
- Kings to retire Peja Stojakovic’s jerseyPosted 2 days ago
- NFLPA appeals indefinite suspension for Ray RicePosted 2 days ago
PHOTO: New York Newspapers welcome Vick with dog references
- Updated: March 22, 2014
Some may believe that the New York Jets got a much needed upgrade at quarterback when they signed Michael Vick on Friday. The former Eagles quarterback signed a one-year $5 million deal with the Jets on Friday and will compete with Geno Smith for the starting job. Unfortunately for Vick, New York newspapers weren’t so welcoming. Check out the two back pages from the New York Daily News and New York Post.
To make room for Vick, the Jets released 2008 first-round pick Mark Sanchez, which punned the phrase “Sanchez thrown to dogs”.
And you thought Philadelphia was bad.
Good luck in New York, Mr. Vick
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter: @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBSSports.com)