- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 1 year ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 1 year ago
Navy Running Back Will McKamey Passes Away
- Updated: March 25, 2014
Officials with Navy Athletics have released within the past few minutes that freshman running back Will McKamey, who collapsed on the practice field earlier in the week, passed away on Tuesday. He was 19 years old.
At practice Saturday morning, McKamey collapsed on the practice field and was airlifted to Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore. He remained in a coma at the hospital, surrounded by family, and was listed in critical condition.
An update from McKamey’s mother on Facebook said the injury was not caused by a hit in practice.
“We are all so very heartbroken by the death of Midshipman Will McKamey,” Naval Academy Superintendent VADM Mike Miller said. “This is devastating for his family, his classmates, his teammates and the entire Naval Academy family. We offer our deepest condolences to Will’s family, friends and shipmates in the wake of this tragedy.”
Follow Brandon Boles on Twitter: @BrandonBoles
( Photo Credit: Twitter)