- White Sox ace Chris Sale fractures foot at home; will miss at least 3 weeksPosted 12 hours ago
- Browns sign Josh McCown to a three-year dealPosted 1 day ago
- VIDEO: Powerade releases Derrick Rose commercial featuring TupacPosted 2 days ago
- NFL Free Agency: Potential landing spots for free agent RBsPosted 2 days ago
- 2015 MLB Predictions: Los Angeles DodgersPosted 3 days ago
- Bulls move on for a third time without RosePosted 4 days ago
- Despite loss of Rose, Bulls title hopes not completely gonePosted 4 days ago
- Inglewood city council approves NFL stadiumPosted 4 days ago
- Latest injury changes landscape on Derrick RosePosted 4 days ago
- 2015 MLB Predictions: Arizona DiamondbacksPosted 4 days ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)