- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 1 year ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 1 year ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)