- Kris Bryant’s unpopular demotion is best for businessPosted 2 hours ago
- Chris Mullin to become next head coach at St. John’sPosted 6 hours ago
- 2015 MLB Predictions: AL WestPosted 6 hours ago
- The Final Four is setPosted 1 day ago
- Michael Sam: “I’m not the only gay player in the NFL”Posted 4 days ago
- Equality: A Reality Check For Sports and Sports MediaPosted 4 days ago
- Aaron Hernandez’s trial disrupted by bomb threatPosted 4 days ago
- Dean Smith leaves $200 for all former players in his willPosted 5 days ago
- Derrick Rose says he still plans to return in regular seasonPosted 5 days ago
- Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE, says his legacy in MMA is overPosted 6 days ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)