- J.J. Watt’s Value Overlooked After MVP SnubPosted 7 hours ago
- NFL Fantasy Football Week 4 – Ride or PinePosted 4 months ago
- Cub Swanson, Frankie Edgar Fight SetPosted 4 months ago
- Week 4 FA and Waiver Wire AddsPosted 4 months ago
- UFC 181 Gets New Main EventPosted 4 months ago
- DeAngelo Hall says he has torn AchillesPosted 4 months ago
- Matt Cassel has fractured foot; Teddy Bridgewater to startPosted 4 months ago
- Gus Bradley announces Blake Bortles to start for JaguarsPosted 4 months ago
- VIDEO: DeSean Jackson scores 81-yard TD against EaglesPosted 4 months ago
- VIDEO: Johnny Manziel catches pass but has it called backPosted 4 months ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)