- NFLPA appeals indefinite suspension for Ray RicePosted 47 mins ago
- 2015 Pro Football Hall Of Fame ballot revealedPosted 2 hours ago
- Dwight Howard has license suspended for running red lightsPosted 4 hours ago
- Mother of Peterson’s son releases statement asking for photos to be taken downPosted 4 hours ago
- Joe Girardi: Tanaka scheduled to return on SundayPosted 6 hours ago
- Kyle Fuller called upon to make crucial welcoming to the NFLPosted 6 hours ago
- Charles Tillman: This isn’t the end of the roadPosted 7 hours ago
- Twin Cities Nike stores pulling Adrian Peterson merchandisePosted 8 hours ago
- Report: Rusney Castillo likely to make Red Sox debut WednesdayPosted 8 hours ago
- Josh Gordon pleads guilty to DWIPosted 9 hours ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)