- Suspensions announced for White Sox-Royals brawlPosted 1 day ago
- Royals just can’t seem to play nice; GM defends Ventura, teamPosted 2 days ago
- Reds’ Billy Hamilton swipes 3 bases off Jon LesterPosted 2 days ago
- Report: Angels could part ways with Josh Hamilton very soonPosted 2 days ago
- NFL executive compares Jameis Winston to JaMarcus RussellPosted 2 days ago
- Tony Romo: We’re going to win the Super Bowl this yearPosted 2 days ago
- Road To The NFL: JaCorey Shepherd awaiting the draftPosted 2 days ago
- Kawhi Leonard named Defensive Player Of the YearPosted 3 days ago
- Tigers’ Joe Nathan out for season with torn UCLPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond’s job may be in jeopardyPosted 7 days ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)