- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 3 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 3 days ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 4 days ago
- Jets OC says Geno Smith is starter and there is no competitionPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Scott Brooks passing on interviews; likely sitting out coaching in 2015Posted 4 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Is Jameis Ready To Be The Franchise?Posted 4 days ago
- Report: Aaron Hernandez involved in prison brawlPosted 4 days ago
- Dolphins sign QB Ryan Tannehill to $96 million extension through 2020Posted 6 days ago
- Report: Tom Thibodeau is as Good as Gone in ChicagoPosted 1 week ago
- Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. named Madden 16 cover athletePosted 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)