- New Jersey HS star Jillian Vassallo excels both on the field and in the classroomPosted 1 month ago
- Reality Check: It’s time to end the Tim Tebow era in the NFLPosted 2 months ago
- Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings on TuesdayPosted 2 months ago
- Commissioner’s Move: It’s time to ban Ray McDonald from the NFL for lifePosted 2 months ago
- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Jacksonville Jaguars: Can Gus Bradley Develop?Posted 2 months ago
- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 2 months ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 2 months ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)