- NHL To Las Vegas Heating UpPosted 12 hours ago
- Chargers broadcaster suspended for anti-Semitic commentPosted 17 hours ago
- Josh Gordon’s one-year suspension upheldPosted 20 hours ago
- Doc Rivers signs extension with Clippers through 2019Posted 21 hours ago
- ESPN releases statement on reporting of Michael Sam showeringPosted 21 hours ago
- Dear UFC: We Want Rockhold, BispingPosted 1 day ago
- Report: North Carolina football being investigated for hazingPosted 2 days ago
- J.R. Smith: ‘I’m on pace to be one of the best shooters ever’Posted 2 days ago
- DI MARIA JOINS MANCHESTER UNITED IN RECORD TRANSFERPosted 2 days ago
- Buccaneers acquire Logan Mankins from PatriotsPosted 2 days ago
Paul Pierce: “No one on the planet can guard Al Jefferson”
- Updated: March 27, 2014
As the Brooklyn Nets brought their winning ways to the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, they got a bit upended with their plans. The Nets have won 10 of their last 13 games, but couldn’t handle Bobcats big man Al Jefferson. In the Bobcats 116-111 overtime win Jefferson led all players with 35 points and 15 rebounds, while shooting 15 of 27 from the floor. With Jefferson’s play, Paul Pierce took notice.
Many consider Jefferson a 2014 All-Star snub, and one of the most underrated players in the game, especially playing on Charlotte, but Paul Pierce isn’t overlooking him.
Paul Pierce on Big Al: “No one on the planet can guard him. We tried to double him, single, triple. There’s nothing we could’ve done.”
— Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) March 27, 2014
The future Hall Of Famer, Pierce has seen some great players throughout his career, and the statement he made about Jefferson speaks volumes of a player that many are overlooking as an NBA star.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)