- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 4 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 4 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 6 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 8 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 9 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 9 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 9 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 9 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 9 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 9 months ago
Rays place Alex Cobb on DL
- Updated: April 13, 2014
The Tampa Bay Rays have placed right hander Alex Cobb on the 15-day DL with a strained oblique. Cobb made his start on Saturday against the Cincinnati Reds, and went 7 shutout innings in which he allowed four hits and struck out five batters without giving up a walk in a 1-0 win against the Reds.
On the season Cobb is 1-1 with a 1.89 ERA, coming off a 2013 season in which he went 11-3 with a 2.76 ERA. This is the second Rays pitcher to land on the DL after Matt Moore was placed on it earlier this week due to a sore left elbow.
To replace both Cobb and Moore the Rays called up Erik Bedard and moved Cesar Ramos from the bullpen to the starting rotation. Bedard and Ramos both competed in spring training for a rotation spot, but now both find themselves in it with the two injuries. The Rays will now place Ramos and Bedard in a rotation that includes David Price, Chris Archer, and Jake Odorizzi.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Joe Robbins/Getty Images)