- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 12 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 12 months ago
Jose Fernandez Placed On DL, Fear Tommy John Surgery
- Updated: May 12, 2014
LOS ANGELES — After a rough outing against the San Diego Padres, Miami Marlins ace pitcher Jose Hernandez was placed on the DL Monday. The club announced that he suffered a right elbow strain and will underwent an MRI in Los Angeles for further evaluation. Left handed picther Dan Jennings was recalled to fill his spot on the roster.
In his last start Friday night, Hernandez allowed six runs in five innings, including two home runs allowed. Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reported that he did not feel well before the game, and even threw up in the dugout as well, but did not complain about his arm hurting before the game.
News has surfaced within the last hour that the Marlins ace may be shelved for the remainder of the season, as reported by Ken Rosenthal:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 13, 2014
Fernandez is 4-2 with a 2.44 ERA in eight starts and 51.2 innings this season. He has a 0.95 WHIP and leads the major leagues with 70 strikeouts, helping propel the upstart Marlins to a 20-18 record and the best home record in baseball. Miami begins a 3-game series in Los Angeles against the Dodgers Monday, in the middle of a long 11-game west coast trip.
Follow Brandon Boles on Twitter: @BrandonBoles
(Photo Credit: Marc Serota/Getty Images North America)