- Paul George changing jersey number to 13 next yearPosted 15 hours ago
- Raptors fined $25K for Drake comments towards DurantPosted 16 hours ago
- Marshawn Lynch being investigated for assault allegationPosted 16 hours ago
- Alex Smith Doesn’t Want Andy Dalton Type ContractPosted 1 day ago
- Rockies’ Gonzalez Back On DLPosted 2 days ago
- Jets rookie Dexter McDougle suffers torn ACLPosted 2 days ago
- Yankees tell Kate Upton not to wear Tigers gear to Yankee StadiumPosted 2 days ago
- Bill Self says Andrew Wiggins wants to play for WolvesPosted 2 days ago
- NCAA Will Appeal O’Bannon RulingPosted 2 days ago
- Marlins Brad Penny Gets Win In 1st Start Since 2011.Posted 2 days ago
Report: T-Wolves believe Celtics offer is “best they’ll get”
- Updated: June 18, 2014
With the NBA Draft scheduled for next week, it means more rumblings and rumors on a potential Kevin Love trade. The Boston Celtics currently hold the No. 6 and No. 17 picks in the first round, but those picks could be used as trade bait. According to ESPN’s Chad Ford, the Celtics could offer their picks and a couple of their young players in exchange for Timberwolves’ forward Kevin Love.
I continue to get strong signals that the Celtics are trying hard to use pick No. 6 and 17 along with future No. 1s and young players such as Jared Sullinger or Kelly Olynyk to persuade the Minnesota Timberwolves to trade them Kevin Love. One source close to the Wolves said that while Flip Saunders does not want to trade Love, he realizes the team likely will lose him this summer and the package the Celtics are offering is probably the best he’s going to get.
The detailed info comes from the latest Mock Draft from Ford, and raises quite the speculation for a potential Kevin Love trade. It was reported two weeks ago that the Chicago Bulls made an offer better than the Celtics, although that looks to have changed now. Pro Basketball Talk breaks down what both the Bulls and Celtics could offer in exchange for Love.
If Flip Saunders, who is president and head coach of the team, truly believes the Celtics offer is the best they’ll get, than likely trade talks could heat up. The Celtics certainly have plenty to offer the Timberwolves, it comes down to exactly how much they’re willing to give, and if Minnesota is willing to pull the trigger.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBS Boston)