- Report: Cavs Nearing Deal With Mike MillerPosted 16 hours ago
- Report: Pau Gasol Close To Agreement With BullsPosted 16 hours ago
- RAW/Smackdown Results – WWE News & RumorsPosted 20 hours ago
- Pat Riley issues statement on LeBron’s departurePosted 22 hours ago
- Report: Nick Marshall cited for marijuana possessionPosted 23 hours ago
- Report: Heat in lead to sign Luol DengPosted 23 hours ago
- Report: Pau Gasol turns down Lakers offerPosted 23 hours ago
- Lakers re-sign Jordan Hill to two-year dealPosted 23 hours ago
- Suns to acquire Isaiah Thomas in sign-and-trade from KingsPosted 24 hours ago
- Nick Young re-signs with LakersPosted 1 day ago
Report: T-Wolves believe Celtics offer is “best they’ll get”
- Updated: June 18, 2014
With the NBA Draft scheduled for next week, it means more rumblings and rumors on a potential Kevin Love trade. The Boston Celtics currently hold the No. 6 and No. 17 picks in the first round, but those picks could be used as trade bait. According to ESPN’s Chad Ford, the Celtics could offer their picks and a couple of their young players in exchange for Timberwolves’ forward Kevin Love.
I continue to get strong signals that the Celtics are trying hard to use pick No. 6 and 17 along with future No. 1s and young players such as Jared Sullinger or Kelly Olynyk to persuade the Minnesota Timberwolves to trade them Kevin Love. One source close to the Wolves said that while Flip Saunders does not want to trade Love, he realizes the team likely will lose him this summer and the package the Celtics are offering is probably the best he’s going to get.
The detailed info comes from the latest Mock Draft from Ford, and raises quite the speculation for a potential Kevin Love trade. It was reported two weeks ago that the Chicago Bulls made an offer better than the Celtics, although that looks to have changed now. Pro Basketball Talk breaks down what both the Bulls and Celtics could offer in exchange for Love.
If Flip Saunders, who is president and head coach of the team, truly believes the Celtics offer is the best they’ll get, than likely trade talks could heat up. The Celtics certainly have plenty to offer the Timberwolves, it comes down to exactly how much they’re willing to give, and if Minnesota is willing to pull the trigger.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (CBS Boston)