- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 4 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 4 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 6 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 8 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 9 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 9 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 9 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 9 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 9 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 9 months ago
Report: Magic trade Arron Afflalo to Nuggets
- Updated: June 26, 2014
Arron Afflalo has been traded, but it’s not to his two rumored destinations of the Chicago Bulls or Cleveland Cavaliers. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports broke the news that the Magic have decided to trade Afflalo to one of his former teams, the Denver Nuggets.
Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 26, 2014
As Wojnarowski reported, Evan Fournier and the 56th pick in the 2014 Draft will be sent back to the Magic, who had been rumored to offer Afflalo to both the Bulls and Cavaliers. The reported Cavaliers offer had Afflalo, 4th overall, and 12th overall pick in the 2014 Draft in exchange for the 1st overall pick, but that deal never came with legs.
Afflalo rejoins Denver after being traded in the Dwight Howard-Andrew Bynum-Andre Igoudala trade between the Lakers, Nuggets, Magic, and Sixers.
This past season, Afflalo averaged 18 points on 46% shooting percentage, one of his best offensive seasons of his career. Afflalo has two years left on his contract, including a player option after next season that could make him $7.75 million if he opts in following the 2014-15 season.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Harry How/Getty Images)