- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 2 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 2 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 4 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 6 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 7 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 7 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 7 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 7 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 7 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 7 months ago
Triple-A game cancelled due to lost luggage by airline
- Updated: June 27, 2014
In your WHAT?! story of the day, a Triple-A baseball game was cancelled due to lost luggage by one team’s airline. No really, it happened. Thursday night’s game between the El Paso Chihuahuas and Tacoma Rainiers was cancelled after Tacoma’s airline lost their luggage.
Last night’s Pacific Coast League game in El Paso’s Southwest University Park was postponed after the equipment for the visiting Tacoma Rainiers was lost by an airline.
The players arrived with no issues, but the visiting team’s luggage, equipment and uniforms did not. The El Paso Chihuahuas rescheduled the game for a noon Saturday start; tonight’s game is expected to go on as scheduled. Bonus: the Thirsty Thursday promo will be honored tomorrow
The Rainers website says they travel using Alaska Airlines, meaning they went from SEA-TAC to Alaska, on their route to El Paso, and some lucky people in Alaska could be playing baseball with some nice Triple-A equipment.
Bizzare, funny, but true, and seems only could happen between the Chihuahuas and Rainiers in Triple-A baseball.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Tacoma Rainiers)