- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 2 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 2 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 4 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 6 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 7 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 7 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 7 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 7 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 7 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 7 months ago
Matt Cain to visit Dr. James Andrews
- Updated: July 29, 2014
San Francisco Giants ace Matt Cain is making a trip that not many athletes want to make. According to Andrew Baggarly of CSN Bay Area, Cain will visit Dr. James Andrews to have his elbow examined. Cain has been on the DL since July 21, with inflammation in his elbow.
Giants source confirms 95.7 report that Matt Cain is going for a consultation with Dr. James Andrews.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) July 29, 2014
The 2014 season has not been an easy one for Cain who is 2-7 with a 4.18 ERA, and a 1.25 WHIP in 15 starts. There is no word on the extent of Cain’s injury, so it’s too early to speculate on the severity of the injury.
Cain is currently in the fifth year of an eight-year deal which is worth $139.75 million.
With Cain currently being sidelined, the Giants made a trade for Jake Peavy, and his acquisition still gives them a solidified starting rotation.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Denis Poroy/Getty Images)