- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 12 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 12 months ago
Metta World Peace signs deal in China
- Updated: July 31, 2014
Metta World Peace, the former All-Star most recently of the Knicks and Lakers, is headed overseas. A deal between Metta World Peace and the Chinese team, the Sichuan Blue Whales was first reported by Sportando and the Chinese site Sina. Metta World Peace took to Twitter to confirm the news, without actually confirming it.
First thing I am doing when I get to china will be visiting Pandas with my daughter @BabyGirl_Sade
— mettaworldpeace.com (@MettaWorldPeace) July 31, 2014
Metta World Peace has been on the decline for the last few seasons, and a move to China was likely the best offer he was going to receive. If he is able to thrive on the court, World Peace could find himself getting an offer in the NBA after his season in China is done.
While he could thrive on the court, seeing how he adjusts to life in China will be just as interesting as his on-court play.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)