- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 1 year ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 1 year ago
Report: Bears workout WR Santonio Holmes
- Updated: August 5, 2014
When Marquees Wilson broke his collarbone in practice, the Chicago Bears had a new need for a third receiver in their high-powered offense. The Bears began the process of finding that third receiver on Tuesday. ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported that the Bears worked out veteran wide receivers Santonio Holmes and Ben Obomanu.
Bears worked out veteran WRs Santonio Holmes and Ben Obomanu, per sources, but not appear to be signing either for now.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 5, 2014
While a signing doesn’t appear to be happening right now, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport says there is another team interested in Holmes as well.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 5, 2014
Holmes played in 11 games for the Jets last season, and just four in the 2012-13 season while battling a foot injury. In 2013 Holmes had 456 yards and one touchdown. The veteran wide receiver tied a career-high with 8 touchdowns in 2011, but has battled the foot injury and inconsistent production over the last two seasons.
The Browns are preparing for life without Josh Gordon which is reason to believe they are interested of Holmes, while the Bears are looking for a replacement for Wilson.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Ron Antonelli/Getty Images)