- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 12 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 12 months ago
Brandon Marshall and Ed Reed joining “Inside The NFL”
- Updated: August 14, 2014
For the first time in the show’s 37-year history, “Inside The NFL” is adding an active player to its on-air crew. According to SportsBusinessDaily.com, Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall will join “Inside The NFL” which is headed into its seventh season on Showtime.
Showtime will move “Inside The NFL” to Tuesday nights this season and add Bears WR Brandon Marshall and free agent S Ed Reed and to its on-air crew. An official announcement is planned for later this afternoon. Showtime says Marshall is the first active NFL player to appear regularly as an analyst on the 37-year-old show. Reed and Marshall will be paired with host Greg Gumbel and analysts Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms. The show kicks off its seventh season on Showtime on Sept. 2. It will be produced every Tuesday during the season on Showtime and re-aired every Wednesday on NFL Network.
As noted, Ed Reed will also join the show, which is being moved to Tuesday nights.
Both Reed and Marshall have personality so it’s definitely going to make the show more enjoyable and intriguing to watch in the 2014 season. It’ll be even more interesting to see how the show goes with Marshall after a Bears game and real regular season reaction from an active player.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (SunTimes.com)