- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 4 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 4 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 6 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 8 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 9 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 9 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 9 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 9 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 9 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 9 months ago
Report: Shawn Marion to sign with Cleveland
- Updated: August 17, 2014
Shawn Marion has agreed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Marion had met with Indiana president Larry Bird last week, but ultimately decided to sign with Cleveland for a chance at another championship.
ESPN’s Marc Stein broke the news Sunday morning.
According to Stein, Cleveland can only sign Marion for the league minimum, and Marion’s expected to sign later this month.
With a commitment from Marion, the expected trade for power forward Kevin Love and signing of sharpshooters Mike Miller and James Jones, the Cleveland Cavaliers have done a wonderful job surrounding LeBron James with a championship caliber supporting cast.
Marion, a four-time All-Star, can defend multiple positions. Marion has the third most rebounds and steals among active players. Marion shoots 48.5 percent from the field for his career.
Joe Phelan can be reached on Twitter at @jphelan13