- Russell Westbrook with Jordan-esque numbersPosted 20 hours ago
- Eagles and Bills make separate bold statements in McCoy-Alonso tradePosted 2 days ago
- REPORT: Eagles to release Trent ColePosted 2 days ago
- Russell Westbrook expected to return WednesdayPosted 2 days ago
- Denver Nuggets fire head coach Brian ShawPosted 2 days ago
- Top five destinations for Andre JohnsonPosted 3 days ago
- Rockets’ James Harden suspended 1 gamePosted 3 days ago
- Chiefs lay franchise tag on HoustonPosted 3 days ago
- Jon Lester named Cubs Opening Day starterPosted 3 days ago
- Jimmy Butler to miss 3-4 weeks with elbow sprainPosted 3 days ago
Report: Jerome Simpson facing another suspension
- Updated: August 18, 2014
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended by the NFL before, and he might be suspended again. Simpson was suspended three games in 2012 for felony drug charges, and that put him in line to be suspended for any drug or alcohol related incident moving forward. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Simpson missed practice on Monday to attend a suspension appeals hearing in New York.
Last November, Simpson was charged with DUI and refusing to submit a chemical test, but agreed on a plea deal that found him guilty to reckless driving and refusing to submit a chemical test. His arrest in November and previous suspension in 2012 puts Simpson in line for another suspension by the league.
As Pro Football Talk noted, the fact that Simpson is in a hearing for the suspension means he’s likely already been suspended and is currently appealing the decision.
With Simpson out, the Vikings will rely heavy on second-year receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and veteran Greg Jennings.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Harry Engels/Getty Images)