- Greg Jennings pulls April Fools joke on everyonePosted 9 hours ago
- WATCH: Steph Curry drops Chris Paul with cross of the yearPosted 11 hours ago
- WATCH: Alex Ovechkin scores 50th goal of seasonPosted 12 hours ago
- Report: Marcus Mariota won’t attend NFL draft in ChicagoPosted 14 hours ago
- The curious future of Cole Hamels as a member of the PhilliesPosted 15 hours ago
- Cubs announce update on Wrigley Field renovationsPosted 17 hours ago
- Alabama RB Tyren Jones arrested on marijuana chargesPosted 18 hours ago
- Dwight Freeney suing Bank Of America for $20 million in lost wagesPosted 18 hours ago
- Jameis Winston says he doesn’t plan to attend draft due to grandmother’s healthPosted 20 hours ago
- Report: Ravens sign Matt SchaubPosted 20 hours ago
Report: Jerome Simpson facing another suspension
- Updated: August 18, 2014
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended by the NFL before, and he might be suspended again. Simpson was suspended three games in 2012 for felony drug charges, and that put him in line to be suspended for any drug or alcohol related incident moving forward. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Simpson missed practice on Monday to attend a suspension appeals hearing in New York.
Last November, Simpson was charged with DUI and refusing to submit a chemical test, but agreed on a plea deal that found him guilty to reckless driving and refusing to submit a chemical test. His arrest in November and previous suspension in 2012 puts Simpson in line for another suspension by the league.
As Pro Football Talk noted, the fact that Simpson is in a hearing for the suspension means he’s likely already been suspended and is currently appealing the decision.
With Simpson out, the Vikings will rely heavy on second-year receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and veteran Greg Jennings.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Harry Engels/Getty Images)