- 32 Questions: Jacksonville Jaguars: Can Gus Bradley Develop?Posted 9 hours ago
- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 3 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 3 days ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 4 days ago
- Jets OC says Geno Smith is starter and there is no competitionPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Scott Brooks passing on interviews; likely sitting out coaching in 2015Posted 4 days ago
- 32 Questions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Is Jameis Ready To Be The Franchise?Posted 4 days ago
- Report: Aaron Hernandez involved in prison brawlPosted 5 days ago
- Dolphins sign QB Ryan Tannehill to $96 million extension through 2020Posted 6 days ago
- Report: Tom Thibodeau is as Good as Gone in ChicagoPosted 1 week ago
Report: Jerome Simpson facing another suspension
- Updated: August 18, 2014
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended by the NFL before, and he might be suspended again. Simpson was suspended three games in 2012 for felony drug charges, and that put him in line to be suspended for any drug or alcohol related incident moving forward. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Simpson missed practice on Monday to attend a suspension appeals hearing in New York.
Last November, Simpson was charged with DUI and refusing to submit a chemical test, but agreed on a plea deal that found him guilty to reckless driving and refusing to submit a chemical test. His arrest in November and previous suspension in 2012 puts Simpson in line for another suspension by the league.
As Pro Football Talk noted, the fact that Simpson is in a hearing for the suspension means he’s likely already been suspended and is currently appealing the decision.
With Simpson out, the Vikings will rely heavy on second-year receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and veteran Greg Jennings.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Harry Engels/Getty Images)