- Week 4 FA and Waiver Wire AddsPosted 4 hours ago
- UFC 181 Gets New Main EventPosted 15 hours ago
- DeAngelo Hall says he has torn AchillesPosted 2 days ago
- Matt Cassel has fractured foot; Teddy Bridgewater to startPosted 2 days ago
- Gus Bradley announces Blake Bortles to start for JaguarsPosted 2 days ago
- VIDEO: DeSean Jackson scores 81-yard TD against EaglesPosted 2 days ago
- VIDEO: Johnny Manziel catches pass but has it called backPosted 2 days ago
- Ravens TE Dennis Pitta carted off field with hip injuryPosted 2 days ago
- VIDEO: Andy Dalton catches touchdown from Mohamed SanuPosted 2 days ago
- Report: Browns attempted to trade for Kirk Cousins in preseasonPosted 2 days ago
Report: Jerome Simpson facing another suspension
- Updated: August 18, 2014
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended by the NFL before, and he might be suspended again. Simpson was suspended three games in 2012 for felony drug charges, and that put him in line to be suspended for any drug or alcohol related incident moving forward. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Simpson missed practice on Monday to attend a suspension appeals hearing in New York.
Last November, Simpson was charged with DUI and refusing to submit a chemical test, but agreed on a plea deal that found him guilty to reckless driving and refusing to submit a chemical test. His arrest in November and previous suspension in 2012 puts Simpson in line for another suspension by the league.
As Pro Football Talk noted, the fact that Simpson is in a hearing for the suspension means he’s likely already been suspended and is currently appealing the decision.
With Simpson out, the Vikings will rely heavy on second-year receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and veteran Greg Jennings.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Harry Engels/Getty Images)