- Ten storylines for the 2015 NBA PlayoffsPosted 6 hours ago
- Report: Raiders among teams interested in Adrian PetersonPosted 20 hours ago
- Kris Bryant’s arrival a dawn of new time for the Chicago CubsPosted 1 day ago
- Derek Jeter on baseball: “I don’t miss it at all”Posted 2 days ago
- Report: Yankees interested in Braves prospect Jose PerazaPosted 2 days ago
- Report: Scott Brooks’ future with Thunder uncertainPosted 2 days ago
- NBA Playoff matchups setPosted 3 days ago
- Aaron Hernandez found guilty on first-degree murder chargePosted 3 days ago
- PHOTOS: Browns release new uniformsPosted 4 days ago
- 26 players confirm they’ll attend NFL Draft in ChicagoPosted 4 days ago
Report: Jerome Simpson facing another suspension
- Updated: August 18, 2014
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended by the NFL before, and he might be suspended again. Simpson was suspended three games in 2012 for felony drug charges, and that put him in line to be suspended for any drug or alcohol related incident moving forward. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Simpson missed practice on Monday to attend a suspension appeals hearing in New York.
Last November, Simpson was charged with DUI and refusing to submit a chemical test, but agreed on a plea deal that found him guilty to reckless driving and refusing to submit a chemical test. His arrest in November and previous suspension in 2012 puts Simpson in line for another suspension by the league.
As Pro Football Talk noted, the fact that Simpson is in a hearing for the suspension means he’s likely already been suspended and is currently appealing the decision.
With Simpson out, the Vikings will rely heavy on second-year receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and veteran Greg Jennings.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Harry Engels/Getty Images)