- New Jersey HS star Jillian Vassallo excels both on the field and in the classroomPosted 1 month ago
- Reality Check: It’s time to end the Tim Tebow era in the NFLPosted 2 months ago
- Adrian Peterson returning to the Vikings on TuesdayPosted 2 months ago
- Commissioner’s Move: It’s time to ban Ray McDonald from the NFL for lifePosted 2 months ago
- Grabbed league’s attention and MVP trophy, now Steph Curry must dethrone King JamesPosted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Oakland Raiders: How Good Can The Offense Be?Posted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Jacksonville Jaguars: Can Gus Bradley Develop?Posted 2 months ago
- Teddy Bridgewater says he wants to be like Brett FavrePosted 2 months ago
- 32 Questions: Tennessee Titans: Is Mariota’s Cast Strong Enough?Posted 2 months ago
- Darrelle Revis on Patriots: “They have a history of doing stuff”Posted 3 months ago
Report: Jerome Simpson facing another suspension
- Updated: August 18, 2014
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended by the NFL before, and he might be suspended again. Simpson was suspended three games in 2012 for felony drug charges, and that put him in line to be suspended for any drug or alcohol related incident moving forward. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Simpson missed practice on Monday to attend a suspension appeals hearing in New York.
Last November, Simpson was charged with DUI and refusing to submit a chemical test, but agreed on a plea deal that found him guilty to reckless driving and refusing to submit a chemical test. His arrest in November and previous suspension in 2012 puts Simpson in line for another suspension by the league.
As Pro Football Talk noted, the fact that Simpson is in a hearing for the suspension means he’s likely already been suspended and is currently appealing the decision.
With Simpson out, the Vikings will rely heavy on second-year receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and veteran Greg Jennings.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Harry Engels/Getty Images)