- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 days ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 2 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 4 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 5 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 5 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 5 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 5 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 5 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 5 months ago
- Brandon McManus now a strength, not weakness, for Denver BroncosPosted 5 months ago
Report: Jerome Simpson facing another suspension
- Updated: August 18, 2014
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended by the NFL before, and he might be suspended again. Simpson was suspended three games in 2012 for felony drug charges, and that put him in line to be suspended for any drug or alcohol related incident moving forward. According to Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Simpson missed practice on Monday to attend a suspension appeals hearing in New York.
Last November, Simpson was charged with DUI and refusing to submit a chemical test, but agreed on a plea deal that found him guilty to reckless driving and refusing to submit a chemical test. His arrest in November and previous suspension in 2012 puts Simpson in line for another suspension by the league.
As Pro Football Talk noted, the fact that Simpson is in a hearing for the suspension means he’s likely already been suspended and is currently appealing the decision.
With Simpson out, the Vikings will rely heavy on second-year receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and veteran Greg Jennings.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Harry Engels/Getty Images)