- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 4 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 4 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 6 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 8 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 9 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 9 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 9 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 9 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 9 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 9 months ago
Cam Newton: “Madden Brings Out The Nerd In Me”
- Updated: August 23, 2014
Cam Newton is entering his fourth NFL season. The 2-time pro bowler is coming off his most impressive season from an individual and team prospective.
The Panthers reached the playoffs for the first time in five seasons last year. Newton was obviously a major reason for Carolina’s breakthrough season. The 25 year-old finished the season throwing 24 touchdowns to only 13 interceptions.
There’s no denying Newton’s ability to do amazing things on the field, but he’s even more impressive on Madden, which is probably why Newton loves playing as himself.
I got two TVs so I can have both a PlayStation and an Xbox going at once. When I’m finishing up one game, I can connect the other game up. That’s how much of a gamer I am. People don’t really know that, but I’m really a nerd when it comes to getting good at a game. Madden brings out the nerd in me. [Laughs] When I’m into something, I’m in it. My momma will tell you that, how I got whooped so many times playing games when I was supposed to be on punishment. But nevertheless, I really love playing people online, playing the fans. These people talk so much trash, but that’s what Madden is all about. It’s about bringing different people from different cultures together to play the game of football, the game that I love.
If we were all blessed enough to have the opportunity to play as ourselves in a video game, I’m sure we would love it also.