- UFC 200: A victory for Jon Jones would mean rebirthPosted 7 months ago
- LeBron James: Legacy Defined for Cleveland’s KingPosted 7 months ago
- Jessica Andrade moving to strawweight for next fightPosted 9 months ago
- How Conor McGregor has changed the UFC foreverPosted 11 months ago
- Jeff Hornacek fired as Phoenix Suns head coachPosted 12 months ago
- Pacific Division wins NHL All-Star Game; John Scott voted MVPPosted 12 months ago
- Hendricks, Thompson to headline now free UFC 196Posted 12 months ago
- Jon Jones to rescue UFC 196? Not likelyPosted 12 months ago
- Emmanuel Omogbo plays despite personal tradegyPosted 12 months ago
- Chris Weidman training for title rematchPosted 12 months ago
Report: Vikings WR Jerome Simpson suspended three games
- Updated: August 29, 2014
In a move that was suspected earlier this month, Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jerome Simpson has been suspended three games by the NFL. ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported the news on Friday, which was speculated to have happened when Simpson missed practice earlier this month.
Vikings WR Jerome Simpson is being suspended 3 games, per a league source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 29, 2014
Simpson’s suspension will come as a result of his drunk driving arrest in November 2013. Since Simpson was previously suspended in 2012 for federal drug charges, he was vulnerable to another suspension if he was caught in any drug or alcohol related case.
Missing practice earlier in the month, Simpson traveled to New York for an appeals hearing, which the NFL ultimately decided against.
Simpson will be eligible to return to the regular season game action for the Vikings, Week 4 when they play at home against the Atlanta Falcons.
Follow Mike Pendleton on Twitter @MP2310
Photo credit: (Frederick Breedon/Getty Images)